Reloading prices poll.

Should we start to boycot these companies charging extortionatly high prices on reloading supplies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have tried to limit my spending and buying for the last 8 months or so. However I stocked up when Trump was in office because reloading stuff goes crazy under the Ds. Of course if you stock up then so many call you a hoarder and you're horrible then too. It's all good though I am glad I have my stuff.

The whole time Obama and Trump was in office I was slinging ammo out of my press.
I literally wore out a Hornady lock and load press. I seen the writing on the wall.
I'm supplied enough to do it all over again. I just need the empty brass.
When Obama was in office was rough imo. That's why I stocked up during the trump years.

When Obama was in office was rough imo. That's why I stocked up during the trump years.
Me too, people thought trump was going to be there forever. They all yelled "smoke em if you got 'em!" I conserved and picked up all their brass. I loaded 6k of 223/5.56 and never bought a single piece of brass. That's not counting what I loaded when Obama was in there.

I bid on a bunch of primers and powder in an online auction a few weeks ago, setting my top bid around new price minus hazmat and shipping average prices from new online vendors. I got blown out of the water by insane prices (in my opinion). Old primers went for $120 to $140 a thousand … I guess availability and "in hand" as well as auction frenzy took over. I don't even recall what the powders went for but way over new prices.
I just shake my head
Exactly the issue.

I also avoid:

Coke
Nike
Fakebook
Twitter
ATT (CNN)
Disney

Always preferred Pepsi over Coke. Going to streaming for OAN.

Supply & demand.

My bigger rifles like 7mm's, .30's, & .375's are only fired 20X per year with exception of .308 & 125 TNT's. Most of shooting is done with .22LR (CCI Blazers), 20P, .22-.250, .223, 6mm & 6.5 CM. Shooting more SRP ammo like .20P, .223, & 6mm, 6.5 CM. Like relatively small powder charges in 20P, .22-.250, & .223. Cheap .223 brass for .223 & .20P. Most powder buying now is of ball powder types having more availbilty & lower prices. Periodic catches of .223, 1X fired, range brass.

Primers --- $110 now, incl. hazmat / $35 old price per thou = is over a 200% price increase.
Amazing how far out a .20P can kill a 1 pound rodent. (reduced hunting expectations).

I'm just looking into reloading, I guess the question is, is it still cheaper than buying factory rounds.
As you're making your own special ammo, then there within is the question.
I make rounds that are plinking use for factory compared prices today. However, all my target and hunting round costs have gone up 34-80 %. Especially target rounds. Crazy.

what I find a bit telling is that some manufacturers such as Hogdon are now selling direct to the public but at the elevated prices.So they are either capitalizing on the dearth of supply or their costs have actually gone up that much.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if everyone who ran out of supplies just stopped shooting for s year and didn't buy anything. I guess that's a boycott. I wonder what percentage of component consumption by reloaders accounts for.

Really? I find that hard to believe, I first got into reloading and shooting during Obama and I could buy everything. No shortages on anything, last four years under Trump were a pain in the butt trying to find anything. Now there's more ammo on shelves than there has been at any point under Trump. Also in the last 3 months there has been more powder and primers.

I just wish we could get inventory back up in our LGS. I've been reloading since Ronald Regan was elected. I've seen lean times but I never had to buy supplies through the mail. Shipping and hazmat are what hurts me the most. For the last 3 years I've made it a habit to drop in on the 4 LGS and I hit Cabelas Bass Pro and Academy's every time I'm near one. Other than bullets I have scored very little from my LGS and have had to depend on mail order for the first time ever.

Finally a little common sense!
*** LAUGHS HYSTERICALLY IN 55gr BERGER .20cal ***
WILB1pgh.jpg

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

*** LAUGHS HYSTERICALLY IN 55gr BERGER .20cal ***
WILB1pgh.jpg

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I've got 10 - 17 and 20 cals and 5,000 17 bullets and 13,000 20 cal bullets that I can shoot for 1/5 of my hunting rifles at sage rats.
FYI I have enough 55 bergers for my 20BRAI to last the barrel.
The 13,000 20 cal bullets i paid 38.00-55.00 for 500 depending on when

Last edited: