Reloading prices poll.

Should we start to boycot these companies charging extortionatly high prices on reloading supplies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not exactly boycotting but I won't pay GB prices or anything else I deem too much. I'll accept the increase in powder and bullet costs but primers going up to $130 per 1000 before hazmat and shipping I won't pay. $79 per thousand is pushing it but still in the acceptable range based on the cost of everything else. I mean I can't believe I'm still getting free shipping when diesel is north of $6 per gallon.

Had three different powders in hand yesterday.
One in higher demand was +$10.00. That's a hard NO!
I bought the other two and glad to have it. Store has a 1# each limit so will be back in next week too...

As we all know, reloading supply prices are crazy. How about a boycot? Vote how you feel and make a statement.
so isn't gas ,lumber food ,guns and everything else,its not just the ammo companies,its everything which started before king trump left office.
anyone who didnt see this coming long time ago and did not prepare vi do not feel sorry for

Think there will be a LONG wait if your gonna sit on the side lines and watch. I'm not going to pay $500 for 8lbs but I jump at 350-370 which is $100 more than I was paying. Inflation never goes backwards. I think it will steady out but as long a Biden and his type are in power we all have no choice but to keep buying what we can.

it's called free enterprise.... I was warned get it while you can before all this happened. By the time it subsides, if it does, we'll be adjusted to higher prices than what it was, if that helps.

Think there will be a LONG wait if your gonna sit on the side lines and watch. I'm not going to pay $500 for 8lbs but I jump at 350-370 which is $100 more than I was paying. Inflation never goes backwards. I think it will steady out but as long a Biden and his type are in power we all have no choice but to keep buying what we can.
I agree with you. Inflation never goes back. Everyone is waiting for all mater of products to fall. Won't hold my breath though.

I bid on a bunch of primers and powder in an online auction a few weeks ago, setting my top bid around new price minus hazmat and shipping average prices from new online vendors. I got blown out of the water by insane prices (in my opinion). Old primers went for $120 to $140 a thousand … I guess availability and "in hand" as well as auction frenzy took over. I don't even recall what the powders went for but way over new prices.
I just shake my head

As we all know, reloading supply prices are crazy. How about a boycot? Vote how you feel and make a statement.
I'm just looking into reloading, I guess the question is, is it still cheaper than buying factory rounds.
As you're making your own special ammo, then there within is the question.

Be thankful that there are people still able to pay current prices. Without this cash flow, your LGS or even big box sporting goods store can't cover overhead on lower volume and will fold or, at the very least, discontinue shooting sports. Empty shelves produce zero margin.

Unfortunately, there are too many factors dividing us customers for any type of boycott to work, so I think we have to make our individual choices on what we are willing and able to pay. Considering the limited availability of components, there are people willing to pay any price. Some can actually afford those prices, or even higher, so for every person that can't or won't pay, there is a line of people who will, and negatively judging those that do, does nothing except further divide our community. The great thing about LRH is how shooters are helping other shooters cope by not gouging, sharing components that we may never recover, and letting others know when components are available so that we can stay in the game, instead of just giving up like a large segment of our society would like for us to do. No, I don't like paying more for two bricks of CCI BR-2s from Brownell's than I could have purchased three new Remington or Ruger rifles for when I was younger, but as long as I am able, physically, mentally, and financially, I want to stay in the game. To do otherwise is just quitting and I don't intend to start that now. Range Hot!

I agree with you. Inflation never goes back. Everyone is waiting for all mater of products to fall. Won't hold my breath though.
Yes, actually it does. House prices spike and drop over time. Gas prices go up and down over time. And ammo related prices also go down when shortages end, like they did when the last ammo shortage subsided around 2010. Once the shelves are stocked again, sellers will have to drop their prices to be competitive and sell their merch.

I'm just looking into reloading, I guess the question is, is it still cheaper than buying factory rounds.
As you're making your own special ammo, then there within is the question.

I reload for precision. Not sure I've ever reached it.....

I remember a range session with my brother a long time ago. Group sizes between factory and reloads were obvious. Naively, I asked him why. His answer was reloads are more accurate than factory.

Fact forward 35 years...I recently shot factory .45 auto vs. my first batch of reloads. The reloads were more accurate.