Accurate Brass Poll

[ QUOTE ]
I sure could use that 300 RUM brass we talked about. Are we still looking middle of this month?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be persuaded to take some 300 RUM as well.

Robber, i'm with you on this one. i challenged Jonathan to show us some of this stuff on the previous post.he told me to give him a couple cartridges i loaded for and he'd send me some.i gave him 2 that he said would be shipping the middle of this month.i heard from him the beginning of this week asking me if i would like some 221 brass until the bigger stuff is ready,which won't be for a while yet.i told him to ship me any brass he has so i could see it.that's where we're at.i've asked the same question as you. is there anyone who has seen this new brass? suposedly i will soon, i assure everyone i will let you know if and when i see it!

That has to be about the dumbest thing any fool ever said(excerpt from bagger vance) A manufacture that is trying to sell you his brass and he wants you to send him brass. No self respecting person I know would do businees like that. I did not read that one before. Chances are he doesnt make it, he just has some other manufacture stamp it for his brand. Im sure he is trying to hype his brass for all the numb nuts that want to be the first to have something. A manufacture that has no idea of the demand of their product so they have to nonstop poll the public and still cannot send out a product, thats the kind of company I want to do business with. The first die hard target shooter that get brass from this guy is going to tear him a new one. So far he cant even say why or how is brass is as good as or better. I am surprised they dont kick him off or charge him for advertising.

[ QUOTE ]
That has to be about the dumbest thing any fool ever said(excerpt from bagger vance) A manufacture that is trying to sell you his brass and he wants you to send him brass. No self respecting person I know would do businees like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Open mouth, insert foot.

What he meant was that he asked him to "tell" him a couple of cartridges that he reloaded. Can't take the typed word literally all the time. That's the trouble, sometimes it's hard to figure out what someone really means.

I talked to Jonathan on the phone one day about some 300 RUM brass. I told him I would like to try 100 rounds of it. He told me it would be ready sometime around the middle of June. I asked him if he needed me to mail a check or if he would like a credit card # to reserve some. He simply said no and took down my name and phone #. I don't think this guy is a crook. He had every opportunity to take advantage of me, yet he did not. All he did was talk a little hunting.

Give this guy a break. Why not go w/the innocent until proven guilty approach. It's not like he's ripped any of us off. No sense in burning bridges before you know where they lead.

Wouldnt be the first time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I just went back and looked at accurate posts. This guy is nothing more than a salesman. Others asked him to elaborate on how is brass is so good, but he did not want to let the big secret out. He stated his company is based in NY, ya based. That means in the back bedroom of his house. Someone else is manufacturing this brass and it aint this guy. Someone posted about him registering a co name and then trying to sell it to the manufacture. If he knew what he was doing he would be intouch with every majior gunsmith in the target scene. I noticed a few posts of people telling this guy what spec he needed to produce but he has yet to state the quality of his brass. Looks like stating his brass is BETTER than laupua is working, he is getting orders. The only detail I saw posted was " you know when you hold win and laupua brass and one is better, ours is better than both". The brass might be fine, but this guy is not making it. I would love to see character referances for this guy!!! I bet the only one he has is his mom.

[ QUOTE ]

Give this guy a break. Why not go w/the innocent until proven guilty approach. It's not like he's ripped any of us off. No sense in burning bridges before you know where they lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said! Give the guy a chance to get on his feet a little. When brass is available, try it and see what it's like. THEN form an opinion on whether or not it is satisfactory. If he said middle of the month, I'm sure he means middle of the month. As for the poll and the opinions of which brass to produce and which not to produce, that's a risky business. Kind of like asking the general public what kind of car dealership you should open. There are a lot of suggestions and none of them are necessarily bad..... you just can't please everyone. For now, this guy seems to be in this same predicament. I for one think there is a need for good tactical rifle brass (260, 308, 6.5-284 etc....)but I will have to wait until he sees there is a need for it. By being patient, I may or may not get what I want but at least that bridge is still standing. Just my .02 worth.

[ QUOTE ]

....Give the guy a chance to get on his feet a little. When brass is available, try it and see what it's like. THEN form an opinion on whether or not it is satisfactory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should we wait?

He stated that they already make brass for the military/L.E. - so there should be something to test.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi fellas, we are a new brass company about to launch consumer sales shortly. Our brass is currently used in military and law enforcement ammunition only.

We want to get a feel for what calibers you guys feel that brass is lacking.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

...and yes, we are willing to provide some samples.

[/ QUOTE ]

And

[ QUOTE ]
you know when you hold a piece of Lapua brass next to a piece of Winchester? Ours is better than both.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume that since they supply Military/L.E. then they should have a good supply of .223 and .308 - Why not send a sample of these to some people here to report on?

I'm not trying to be an ***, after all, he stated that the company is willing to send out some samples. If he can't stand up to his word, then that is a company that I do not want to deal with. Just my $.000002 worth.

Gentlemen, (although, I use the term loosley with some of the posters here). Dave will be getting some 221 fireball this coming week as will Alex Clarke from saubier.com and Small Caliber News.

Dave Wilson will simply be inspecting the brass, since he does not shoot that caliber. However Alex Clarke will be testing it extensively and will post a thorough report on saubier.com.

I am looking to produce brass that people want to shoot. But, I simply can not produce every caliber. Therefore, I'm asking opinions and starting polls so I can determine what brass to manufacture and sell, not just manufacture and sit with. Its called market research. If Win, Rem, leuplold, nightforce, or another manufacturer came onto this forum and asked your opinions about their products before they started production so they could produce EXACTLY what you guys wanted, you would be thrilled. Well, thats what I'm doing.

Robber, if you don't believe me, ask my mother for a reference!

I will say that I am done initiating posts on this forum. I will, however, reply to questions that people ask. This is the only forum with such childish behavior. You trolls should go to saubier.com and learn a lesson in maturity and civility.

...and robber, email me your address and I'll send you some 221 fireball as well.

I can only speak for myself, I am neither naive, nor stupid. However, this lack of trust in a fellow shooter is exactly what is wrong with our sport. We are so divided and self centered that anyone from the outside can cause a rift among us. I for one intend to take the folks at Accurate Brass at their word until I find out for myself otherwise. As I said before, put me down for 100 of your 300win mag brass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Douglas Lebeck

Jonathan,

Please don't be offended by hard working men that have all too often been a victim resulting in the " once bitten , twice ( or 39 or 40) times shy " .

As far as the gentlemen thing or the childish behaviour one I must admit that I am a bit of both camps at times . Probably the worst one here in that respect , but I do have aspirations of " growing up " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, many here have inspired me many times in that vein.

We don't know you , the other thing is the choices of brass you have offered to members here and elsewhere . That is to say that since it is a sure thing that you want to be successful in this venture it is hard to understand why you are not going for the brass that sells most of every day ,.....first .

It may be that you do not have a problem controlling your own " step over the line " problems and if so I am glad for you . Even so that should equip you to overlook the behaviour of the ones not so far along in that area .

One last note , when I mentioned " hardworking men " earlier I wasn't talking about Buffalo Bob or Roy in Idaho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A pic of your brass and headstamp would be cool for us detail junkies . Oh yeah , I said one last note , reckon I lied /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif If you are going to be sucessful in this endeavour you will need to cultivate your ability to let the " small stuf " whiz right on by without being affected/ responding to it .

I need 300 win mag brass by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jim B.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts