Reloading prices poll.

Should we start to boycot these companies charging extortionatly high prices on reloading supplies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got 10 - 17 and 20 cals and 5,000 17 bullets and 13,000 20 cal bullets that I can shoot for 1/5 of my hunting rifles at sage rats.
FYI I have enough 55 bergers for my 20BRAI to last the barrel.
The 13,000 20 cal bullets i paid 38.00-55.00 for 500 depending on when
I guess I need to research a 20 BRAI, sounds awesome.

I guess I need to research a 20 BRAI, sounds awesome.
It is if you want to shoot 55 20 cal berger at 3750fps. It rough on barrels though, no different than any big 30 cal magnum.
Its a awesome LR 20 cal I know few who actually shot it in 600 BR and do pretty well.
All the guys I know who shoot one even in BR use a 9 twist, ive heard reports of guys tearing up bullets with a 8 after 300 rounds.
I dont shoot mine much got 5 other 20's to shoot.
Mod 400 bartlien barrel might be the ticket

It is if you want to shoot 55 20 cal berger at 3750fps. It rough on barrels though, no different than any big 30 cal magnum.
Its a awesome LR 20 cal I know few who actually shot it in 600 BR and do pretty well.
All the guys I know who shoot one even in BR use a 9 twist, ive heard reports of guys tearing up bullets with a 8 after 300 rounds.
I dont shoot mine much got 5 other 20's to shoot.
Mod 400 bartlien barrel might be the ticket
I run 9 twist even in .20-223AI.

and im not leaveing to my wife
i just havn't told her this part yet i figured i'd let it be a surprise when they read my will to her
lol SHE will be extremely surprised

i don't see priced going back down to pre pandemic levels anyone who thinks they are going to
is going to is in for severe dissapiontment todays prices will be the new normal

Really? I find that hard to believe, I first got into reloading and shooting during Obama and I could buy everything. No shortages on anything, last four years under Trump were a pain in the butt trying to find anything. Now there's more ammo on shelves than there has been at any point under Trump. Also in the last 3 months there has been more powder and primers.
Similar here. I bought everything at LGS's through Obama years (despite the constant "they're comin' fer yer gunz" fearmongering from every conservative windbag out there) and even Trump years, right up til Covid. Then everything went crazy..... But, people like to remember things how they want them to have been....

Heck I'm not boycottin, I have been priced out of the component market since Covid struck. It's a shame that one of my planned retirement hobbies has become highly restrictive.
I don't purchase firearms any more, because my new motto is. If I can't buy the stuff I need to make a new boom stick go boom then it has no value to me.
Just my two cents (with inflation make that two dimes).

Now that I'm retired, shopping online for reloading supplies is a morning routine for me . I can shoot 300 yds right outside my door and out to 1000 yds in less than 10 minutes from home . Reloading for precision and hunting is a favorite hobby of mine , so I will buy what I need but I'm not over paying, I have a good stock pile so I can hold out for better prices. There are online search engines that I use ,that notify me when components become available. But over the last year if I don't jump right when notified, all will be sold out within minutes. I just bought a brick of Winchester large rifle primers from midwayusa for $79 plus hazmat , tax and shipping came out to $118 . I would have bought more but there was a limit of one . More expensive than that and I would have said no way.