Fair price for reloading?

No longer holding an 06 FFL, nor having insurance, the only time I reload for anyone else, is when they are doing most of the work, and I'm making a video of them doing it. Your friends may not be inclined to sue you, but their wives/widows sure will! And ANYTHING that goes wrong, when shooting reloads, IT'S THE RELOADS. (Just try getting any warranty covered by any manufacturer, when reloads were involved.)
My own FFL runs out at the end of the month. Due to Corona bat flu, I will not be investing in a new one, this means I can no longer build guns, so that side of my business will no longer be. Engines in this day and age don't makes a lot of profit either.
As to liability, in reality regardless of laws, ANYTHING can happen with firearms whether it is a handload or factory ammo.
I have personally seen 3 243 rifles that have disintegrated themselves with FACTORY ammo and 2 that were handloads for no apparent cause, the ammo in question in all 5 instances checked out OK.
Also saw a 17 Remington with a bolt locked so solid that the bolt handle had to be removed so the barrel and bolt could come out of the action. This was with factory ammo too. No cause could be found.
When I load for friends, all parameters are known, tested and verified in THEIR rifles.
I am yet to make a major mistake while reloading ammo. I have made small boo boo's that were caught quickly….like dumping the powder trickler into the wrong tub of powder, only a few kernels actually went into the tub because as I tipped it I realised my boo boo.
I have never damaged a rifle, I even loaded up a set of test rounds for a buddy using RL19 and 165g Speer Hot Cor for his 30-06, with 5 round sets….I showed him which bullets to start with and he proceeded to fire the MAX load rounds FIRST!
Luckily for him, there were no issues doing so, but it gave me the biggest pucker factor I have ever had and I have crashed race cars at 250 clicks that didn't pucker me that much!!
In all mishaps, regardless of the law, there is always someone chasing blame. Sometimes they win, but more often than not it is the person that was injured that has caused the issue. Just like the lawsuits regarding Remingtons trigger issues.
I prefer the Walker trigger, I've never had one fail due to my tuning of them, but give one to someone that doesn't know what they're doing and yes, they WILL fire on release of the safety because they were adjusted wrong. The sear engagement shouldn't be touched by those not familiar with them.

Cheers.

You sure about that amount of powder? Can you show the statute or regulation?

I found this on the SAMMI web site:

11-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb. (9.1 kg) shall be permitted to be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb. (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb. (22.7 kg), shall be permitted to be stored in residences where kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls of at least 1 in. (25.4 mm) nominal thickness.

I found this on the SAMMI web site:

11-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb. (9.1 kg) shall be permitted to be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb. (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb. (22.7 kg), shall be permitted to be stored in residences where kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls of at least 1 in. (25.4 mm) nominal thickness.
Hey Varmint Hunter thanks for looking this up. I think that you were referring to the post about having 40 lbs of smokeless powder.

This is a SAFETY Standard not a Federal LAW to have a certain amount of powder.
Basically SAFE STORAGE
The SAAMI Standards are published to provide safety, reliability, and interchangeability standards for commercial manufactures of firearms, ammunition, and components.

NFPA also has Standards for storing Smokeless powder. Pertains a lot for businesses and their buildings for Fire Safety.

There was a post in this thread where it was stated that it is "Illegal" to have more than 40 lbs. of Powder, I searched the internet and could not find any Law Federal or State where it is "Illegal".

If someone has the LAW and Federal Regulations stating that it is Illegal to own over a certain amount of gun powder-PLEASE post it for all of us.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^! I take gifts though.
Actually, you also must have a Class6 FFL to legally load ammo and GIVE IT AWAY. You can let friends use your equipment but not load for them. fine line and they need to be really good friends.... Stay safe out there folks. Never give them a reason......

I load for a few friends and have never charged them a cent. They do not get a full max charge of powder in any of their loads though. From 2 to 3 grains under the loads I use in my rifles and the bullets are seated from .025 to .075 off the lands or well within the length of their clip. Also the brass I use for their loads are never more than 2nd reload or third time fired.

My sister and I had a lemonade stand when I was a kid. Back then you could do that too… without fear of jail, tickets or some sort of legal action.
Search arrested for lemonade stand…

To the OP: Now that you're on the list😉, be careful. 7 out of 10 people have pinned the "criminal" label on your activity… shh. brb, I think I hear helicopters

One thing that you have to consider is the liability involved in reloading cartridges for someone else. Friends or not friends. If there is a malfunction on the rifle/pistol and damage to the firearm who is going to get the blame? God forbid any injury to a person. When it comes to money and injury the friendship usually goes away. Whether you get paid for it or not. Also if you are taking money you are considered a professional.
This subject was brought up discussed several times on LRH.
I have been reloading for many years and won't give out any of my reloads also won't accept any reloads from other reloaders. I have helped friends start reloading, but they do the actual reloads with their components and equipment.
I have help a few people to reload. To get them started. I do load for my sons if need be. Generally they are around. My oldest has reloaded for me at the same time.

Having more than 40 lbs of powder is illegal too, but we all do it. The great master wants to control every aspect of our lives.
Just asking...so I can learn. What states the 40lb limit for everyone? Every location? Every storage condition/ container?

It's my understanding a licenses isn't required to sell ammo. Private sale of a firearm to another person is legal and in a lot of states not required to notify any state or federal agency. Now if you are making a business of selling firearms that's another story. The problem with me, once I purchase a firearm, I don't sell it. I loaned out 3 rifles and ended up not getting them back. So I don't do that anymore.

One thing that you have to consider is the liability involved in reloading cartridges for someone else. Friends or not friends. If there is a malfunction on the rifle/pistol and damage to the firearm who is going to get the blame? God forbid any injury to a person. When it comes to money and injury the friendship usually goes away. Whether you get paid for it or not. Also if you are taking money you are considered a professional.
This subject was brought up discussed several times on LRH.
I have been reloading for many years and won't give out any of my reloads also won't accept any reloads from other reloaders. I have helped friends start reloading, but they do the actual reloads with their components and equipment.
I could not agree more and a friend is someone to sleep with your wife while you hunt. I have a friend that has stitches in his forehead from his own loading with someone else's gun

Need a licenses to manufactures or import ammo. Sec: [18.U.S.C. 922 (a)(1)(b);27CFR 478.4]. Not sure if making reloads for somebody falls within (manufacture).