Factory Lightweight rifles for western hunting.

SofaKing

I'm looking for something lightweight for a long, backpack hikes in hilly to mountainous terrain. Looking to use it for antelope, muley and possibly elk if I ever draw a tag.

Let's start this off with a few options that I am considering on the high-end one of the Weatherby backcountry TI 2.0 , or a Christensen arms Ridgeline titanium. I'm open to other rifle manufactures as well.

Currently have a wide variety of brass and dies from 243 win to 257 Weatherby mag to 300 Remington ultra mag just to name a few.

Looking for some real life experience on this thanks.

Savage Ultralight the mag weigh 6lb exact and standards 5lb 13oz on my scale. Fully set up 3-18 scope, sling, Harris 12-23" 9lb 3/6oz. Dump the Harris and you save a lb. Great shooters, great triggers, and nothing comes close for quality per dollar spent.

Kimber hunter in whatever, take the gel out of it, it's under 5lbs.
I have a Kimber 84L Hunter in .30-06 that I have re-chambered to .30 Giibs; it is my lightest rifle thus far.
.30 Gibbs scoped 1 of .jpg

.30 GIBBS weight.jpg

(https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/30-gibbs-is-finally-ready.242088/)

Kimber fan here but can't get past the Hunter series being plastic. Feels like eating a Dove bar. Really liked the taste and wanted more now all i can think about is throwing out this stick before the dog chews it.

Spend the extra change and go Montana.
Perhaps, but I paid $575 for it, so no complaints here.