Advice on 6.5 factory production rifles for hunting

I'm probably not seasoned enough to notice ,and with your sub .5 groups sounding stellar, what was is your opinion of the trigger?. Great shooting BTW. I'd be happy with half that with factory ammo.
Trigger isn't awful but it's far from a Bix n Andy Tac Sport or a Jewel. I'm sure there is probably some aftermarket spring or replacement trigger for these since the guns are so popular.
Felt like it had a little creep and probably set around 3-4 pounds (just a guess).

+1 on savage. I have a 6 creedmoor and definitely sub moa with handloads. The 6.5 should do the same. The nice thing you can upgrade the barrel with prefitted barrels from a lot of different companies. Savage is easy to work with and plenty of add ons. Enjoy

Buy a Browning X-Bolt of any flavor in the 6.5. Pretty light, accurate and well-built.
Heck, I have a cohort at work that bought a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 CM for less than $450.00 and it shoots very tiny little groups with factory ammo.
I have 3 of them and the one in 5.56 shoots .375moa with black hills 77gr OTM.

Fieldcraft. Available inn6.5CM or 6.5x55 Swede. Both actions sized to work great with whichever you choose. (3.0" for CM and 3.3" for Swede)

CM is 21" barrel and just over 5 lbs I scoped. Swede is 5.6 lbs and slightly larger barrel diameter with 24" length)

I chose the Swede. Sweet rig

Fieldcraft. Available inn6.5CM or 6.5x55 Swede. Both actions sized to work great with whichever you choose. (3.0" for CM and 3.3" for Swede)

CM is 21" barrel and just over 5 lbs I scoped. Swede is 5.6 lbs and slightly larger barrel diameter with 24" length)

I chose the Swede. Sweet rig
Something wonderful about light and accurate.

Don't really want to go through 8 pages of comments but on the cartridge for a hunting round I would go 6.5X55.
It has a bit more kick than the creede & say .260.

But for most situations they will all do the job.
I guess it comes down to whether you reload or not & the price of ammo in your neck of the wood.

All my rifles for the past several years have been custom built so I have no idea what, if any, mass produced rifle is worth a darn these days.

I want to get a family member a decent hunting rifle in anything 6.5 (preferably Creedmoor) that has the best potential for accuracy. It doesn't have to be super cheap but would like to keep it under 2000 for the rifle alone. Also keep in mind I will be reloading for this one (since I have about 1200 Berger 140 Elite Hunters!). I was originally considering a used custom gun but I have a hard time buying anything I can't put my hands on first.

All opinions and experiences are welcome. Thanks!
I bought a TC compass rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor when they were on sale. I think I paid 225 out the door. I put a Vortex 4x12x44 and a Boyd's custom stock on it. Shooting Hornady 143 grain ELD Extreme hunter I get a group at 3/4 Moa. I have 675 and change in
The rifle. The barrel is not even seasoned yet. I did shoot it warm. I mostly shoot AR style rifles. They are fun in my opinion. Any day at the range is better than a day at work or doing chores!! Just my input. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.