Advice on 6.5 factory production rifles for hunting

jraulsten

All my rifles for the past several years have been custom built so I have no idea what, if any, mass produced rifle is worth a darn these days.

I want to get a family member a decent hunting rifle in anything 6.5 (preferably Creedmoor) that has the best potential for accuracy. It doesn't have to be super cheap but would like to keep it under 2000 for the rifle alone. Also keep in mind I will be reloading for this one (since I have about 1200 Berger 140 Elite Hunters!). I was originally considering a used custom gun but I have a hard time buying anything I can't put my hands on first.

All opinions and experiences are welcome. Thanks!

All my rifles for the past several years have been custom built so I have no idea what, if any, mass produced rifle is worth a darn these days.

I want to get a family member a decent hunting rifle in anything 6.5 (preferably Creedmoor) that has the best potential for accuracy. It doesn't have to be super cheap but would like to keep it under 2000 for the rifle alone. Also keep in mind I will be reloading for this one (since I have about 1200 Berger 140 Elite Hunters!). I was originally considering a used custom gun but I have a hard time buying anything I can't put my hands on first.

If you're looking into that much for a factory, look into a seekins precision or Christensen arms. Both are great quality and lightweight. If you wouldve said $1000 or less I would say go with a tikka t3x or even a Bergara.

FYC, https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/custom-weatherby-vanguard-6-5cm-brux.214159/

If you're looking into that much for a factory, look into a seekins precision or Christensen arms. Both are great quality and lightweight. If you wouldve said $1000 or less I would say go with a tikka t3x or even a Bergara.
Thanks for the info! 1000 sounds better than 2000 if they are any good. I just assumed I would have to pay more than that to get a potentially good shooter.

Remington 700 5R Gen II in .260 or 6.5 creedmoor!! Can get them for right at $900.

5R Rifling 1:8 twist
Fluted, Varmint contour Barrel
Ceracoated!!
Tactical bolt knob
Threaded
HS precision stock with two front sling swivels

Comes in at 8lbs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.