Electronic Powder Dispenser

Backcountry_IDN

Giving my wife ideas for Christmas....

What is a good powder dispenser? Not talking the top dog, just a good one that'll do the job.

Thanks for the suggestions
FB_IMG_1536205343422.jpg

+1 on the Hornady. It has made my reloading much faster with its' fast settling time and keeps its' calibration way more stable over time than my RCBS. Love it.

Not happy with the Hornady. Have to slow it way down or it will overcharge. Even then it still overcharges some. Also if the Hornady is off .1 it will accept the charge but you won't know its over unless you watch the actual weight.
Press and hold mode once you have entered ur weight and pressed dispense. It will add a delay in .2gr increments for the end of the charge. Helps it not go over the charge weight a lot. On coarse powder like 7828 I enter 1.0gr delay to have to feed reliably

I have a RCBS Chargemaster. It works well, IF the power circuit is isolated, and or conditioned. It does measure to 0.1 grains, and like others I would like 0.01 grains or finer. Recently bought another scale that reads to 0.01 grain will use it with the RCBS as the initial dump, fine tuning on the other scale.

Press and hold mode once you have entered ur weight and pressed dispense. It will add a delay in .2gr increments for the end of the charge. Helps it not go over the charge weight a lot. On coarse powder like 7828 I enter 1.0gr delay to have to feed reliably
I go in the settings every time and slow it down and start the trickle sooner and slow the trickle speed. It still overcharges. I'm assuming this is the same thing you are doing.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.