Powder dispenser

benny1

Looking for what people think is the most accurate combo powder dispenser. Im tired of doing it old school. Thanks

What is your budget? An autothrower/trickler setup on an AND FX120i scale would be dead nuts and easy to setup and use. Bluetooth control if charge weight and more. Will cost about $1000
I went through a few different methods and pieces of equipment and ended up with the exact setup you mentioned. It makes reloading so much less tedious and the scale shows remarkable consistency.

edit - I don't have the autothrower...I use Lee scoops and know which scoops get me close to my desired charge for each cartridge. Small scoop for 6.5cr, large for 280AI, smaller for 28N but do two scoops, then put under trickler.

Last edited:
I have the RCBS 1500. It is consistent enough for me unless you are running one all day - then you have to recalibrate it periodically. Harrells are also great and very accurate, especially with moderate charge weights and smallish kernel powders. Harrels makes two sizes depending on charge weight ranges. Started using them when I shot benchrest. Very accurate. Also great for high volume loading - like for prairie dogging

I've tried a bunch. The chargemaster works ok with some tweaking. The Hornady is junk. The FXI with the autotrickler is the way to go.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts