Electronic Powder Dispenser

I had a look at the eBay offer. It shows the insert installed and uninstalled but not a lot of detail.

I have a Hornady powder dispenser. I'm intrigued by what such an insert might do for it too. I never liked the way the factory tube works so I had planned to make my own adapter using my lathe anyway. But why not build on something that already works better. Can you comment on how well it works and how you might improve it?

Giving my wife ideas for Christmas....

What is a good powder dispenser? Not talking the top dog, just a good one that'll do the job.

Thanks for the suggestionsView attachment 111700
I have the Hornady, its OK but as others said its finicky. To make it work well you have to let it "warm up" about 30 minutes and totally go through the calibration with the test weights and it works fine. You cant have any errant breezes like a fan, an open window or even an opening door makes it whacky. I'd not buy that brand again.

Giving my wife ideas for Christmas....

What is a good powder dispenser? Not talking the top dog, just a good one that'll do the job.

Thanks for the suggestionsView attachment 111700
For myself.... I'll pass on these electronic powder dispensers unless they read in .01 grains. If they only read in .1 grains, it's possible to have a variation of .18 grains from one load to another.
Since I'm too old to be walking any distance at all and because of a knee with the cartilage nearly gone and a hip with arthritis.
Bench rest is about all I'm good for anymore. So.... I wouldn't spend the money on something that could possibly have load variations of nearly .2 grain variations.
I prefer to have my loads as near perfect as possible & I have the time to do it. If it read in .01 grains the accuracy I prefer would probably be there. However, there's something else I've noticed with electronic scales. They don't seem hold their zero. Calibrating them after turning them on & using a weight standard both of the ones I have always seem to lose their zero after 10 minutes or so. I don't use mine for anything but weighing brass cases and/or bullets.

Another Hornady vote here....as you stated.."NOT TOP DOG"...but I love mine. Sure, let it warm up a bit...turn it on as you are prepping for your loads and it will be ready when you are. I keep a nice Beam Scale close by and occasionally "Double Check"..and to date, mine has been perfect. As many have stated, you must SLOW it down or it will overcharge.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.