Electronic Powder Dispenser

Another vote for the RCBS 1500, Have used mine for a long time and still works great. And yep put the straw in the tube, helps with powder clumping. Cabelas/ Bass pro has them on sale for 279.97

I bypassed the straw fix for the brass inserts and that is the cat's meow for not getting overthrows. As I was reading folks talk about large kernel powder being an issue I realized they probably have not used the inserts.
All powders work well on mine. Now all Chargemasters are not equal from my experience. I have owned 5 and still have 2 good ones and one that's just OK. By that I mean two can be turned off and on and never really need to be recalibrated but I sometimes do. I put a 50gram weight on them and they are perfect every time BUT the other ones I had to recalibrate every single time and even then they would drift and have to be recalibrated during use.

When you say recalibrate do you mean you turn the RCBS off and use the two 50gn weights again?
I had one that was all over the place so they just sent me another.

By calibration I mean go thru the calibration process that they suggest each time before you use it.
No I turn mine off after use.
I rarely do that I just turn'em on let them warm then put a single 50g weight and if it says 50 start loading

I would suggest you have a good balance beam scale to verify your load. I have the old RCBS Chargemaster purchased back in 2001, it is great to dispense powder fast, but you had better double check that load with balance beam, I have found mine to be off by as much as 1gr. It took me a while to figure out what was causing a lot of velocity spread in my reloads, until I broke out the old balance beam and took measurements.

Hi from Cymru (Wales) U.K.,
Glad to make a contribution after years of reading - and being envious of - many posts.
I generally shoot sniper comps in the U.K. at Bisley.
I have found the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 to be reliable AND easy to empty. It throws most powders perfectly .. pay more attention with coarser products. There is a tube attachment available that will alleviate occasional extra couple of powder 'drips'.
I never remove the dish until AFTER the count display. Wait that second until the weight is displayed again.
Have Fun and have a good Christmas.
Oxobrianne

By calibration I mean go thru the calibration process that they suggest each time before you use it.
No I turn mine off after use.
I rarely do that I just turn'em on let them warm then put a single 50g weight and if it says 50 start loading
Thanks

Charge Master is the only unit I have tried. I dump .2gn light and transfer to my other lab balance.
20150610_210142_resized.jpg

The mods I found have helped a lot with speed of operaiton. Mine sometimes throws the first load heavy by .1gn but after that, it's dead on the rest of the session.
https://www.longrangehunting.com/at...8/?temp_hash=968c64c0bd21a58cf85d36aa00581cab

RCBS chargemaster 1500 has worked well for me.
I bought a Lyman, had problems, sold it.
I replaced it with a Hornady had problems, returned it.
Replaced it with an RCBS chargemaster, have been totally satisfied. Wish I had not wasted my time on the first 2.
Two of my friends have RCBS's and none of us have had any problems. Nobody in my circle have ever had a problem with their RCBS.
Spend the money first up and have peace of mind.

I bypassed the straw fix for the brass inserts and that is the cat's meow for not getting overthrows. As I was reading folks talk about large kernel powder being an issue I realized they probably have not used the inserts.
All powders work well on mine. Now all Chargemasters are not equal from my experience. I have owned 5 and still have 2 good ones and one that's just OK. By that I mean two can be turned off and on and never really need to be recalibrated but I sometimes do. I put a 50gram weight on them and they are perfect every time BUT the other ones I had to recalibrate every single time and even then they would drift and have to be recalibrated during use.
Hi Venatic,
Who supplys the brass inserts for the RCBS Chargemaster you mentioned in your post? They don't seem to be available in the U.K..
The inserts sound as if they'd be useful with the powders I use for 6.5 and 300 win mag.

I have the charge master and charge master lite. I use the charge master lite the most. Works great and 200$ cheaper than big brother with memory. Can be had on sale for under 200$

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.