Best Electronic Powder Dispenser

losthelegend

Hello! I am finally looking to upgrade my reloading room! I am looking for an electronic powder dispenser but the more I research the more indecisive I get! What do you guys suggest. I am open minded and not brand specific. I just want a dependable, quality productive that doesn't stop running after the warranty runs out!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hello! I am finally looking to upgrade my reloading room! I am looking for an electronic powder dispenser but the more I research the more indecisive I get! What do you guys suggest. I am open minded and not brand specific. I just want a dependable, quality productive that doesn't stop running after the warranty runs out!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

The very best there is: Prometheus GenII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E1PKdPbME0

I have owned and used the RCBS ChargeMaster since 2006-2007. The only problem I have ever had was the keypad went out. I called RCBS and they were more than willing to repair it at no cost if I sent it in.
I explained to them that I am a scale tech by trade and assured them that I could replace it myself. The keypad is an overlay that sticks to the outside of the unit and has a ribbon cable that plugs in to the main PCB. Takes 10 minutes, max, to remove the old and replace with new one. Does not affect calibration.
I received the new part in the mail in about 3 days. Done deal. Great customer service IMO. JohnnyK.

RCBS 1500 charge master. I have been using this since about 2006 and it usually stays on 24-7. All year long from year to year. Only problem I have ever had was the power supply... the little adapter burned out on me. I purchased a variable supply for it and just set it to the correct voltage the original put out. No other problems. So I would say I think I probably have got my moneys worth on this unit. I like leaving it on because I think it keep the scale more consistent but I have no hard proof of that. I do zero it or run it through the cal before loading and from cal to cal I can check on my balance beam and they are spot on. It tool a little getting used to because sometime it will over shoot depends on how much you have in the hopper. Also after a while you will notice about how or how many cernals of powder it takes to change the scale by .1 grain. Usually about 3 for most stick powders unless using the ssc stuff. But yes RCBS charge master is a winner in my book.

Just started reloading and purchased the Hornady LNL (on sale at Natchez for $160). So far I like it, works as intended. But have only used it twice so far...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.