Best powder dispenser

cahunter805

Hey guys! Just had my chargemaster 1500 bite the dust. Rcbs warranty is a joke. What do you guys recommend or use?

Hey guys! Just had my chargemaster 1500 bite the dust. Rcbs warranty is a joke. What do you guys recommend or use?

Well what kind of loading are you doing?

Were you happy with the chargemaster loads?

several ways to go.

Chargemaster is the best of the electronic powder dispensers. simplest method

a powder measure and a beam scale to set it with. least accurate but fastest

powder measure and trickle on a gempro 250. most accurate and I find faster than the chargemaster

or a mix of all three.

How long did you have the Chargemaster? Was it out of their specified warranty time frame? When I called them several years ago, RCBS was really helpful with their customer service. Even sent me a free replacement part, even though it wasn't necessary, and never asked me to send the old one back in return, either.

I would call that pretty good CS.

Rcbs doesn't make the chargemaster. A company in China does and the warranty is 1 year. They don't fix or sell replacement parts for it either. I was happy with the unit and might buy another but am exploring my options.

Rcbs doesn't make the chargemaster. A company in China does and the warranty is 1 year. They don't fix or sell replacement parts for it either. I was happy with the unit and might buy another but am exploring my options.

My part wasn't for a Chargemaster, it was a new die body that had a manufacturing defect in it. The bottom lip (where it contacts the shellholder) had a chunk missing out of it. After calling, they confirmed it wouldn't affect anything, but insisted on sending me out a brand new die body anyway. Which I thought was really nice.

That sucks they don't sell parts. I love my Chargemaster 1500. Once I custom programmed it to spin and trickle where I wanted it to, and used the McDonald's straw trick, it has been nearly flawless for years. On YouTube there is a guy on there who has a video about calibrating and reprogramming your CM1500. It was about 10 mins long, but really helpful and informative.

I have also heard Gemtechs are nice scales, but not sure if they offer a auto-dispensing model.

I do agree RCBS has been great with parts for dies and their service is good.
The scale on my chargemaster unit is what doesn't work anymore And they don't sell it separately. The straw trick does work good. My brother machined an insert instead of a straw and overthrows were non existent since. I may just buy another chargemaster.

... I may just buy another chargemaster.

That's what I'd do.
They're fairly delicate and can't be tossed around like an old shoe but if they're taken care of they cn last quite a long while. The scale element often fails because small bits of powder (sloppy powder pan handling?) can get into the mechanism. I have some electronics experience so I'm not timid about taking mine apart if need be but I wouldn't recommend it unless you've got some hours at the electronics work bench.

The scale on my chargemaster unit is what doesn't work anymore And they don't sell it separately. The straw trick does work good. My brother machined an insert instead of a straw and overthrows were non existent since. I may just buy another chargemaster.

I think the scale is in fact sold separately.

Check this out....

Robot Check

If the link doesn't work just search for RCBS 1500 digital scale.

JD

If you don't, you want to sell that metal insert, instead of chunking it with the rest of the CM1500? :D

The cool thing is, as long as you have that old dispenser, and it still works, you can swap the new scale around, and keep 2 different types of powders loaded and ready to drop, all you have to do is swap the scale back and forth.

Midway has them on sale...

RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale Dispenser Combo 110 Volt

I have a Lyman Gen 6 also and I've been very happy with it. I had heard of a lot of problems with the Chargemaster so that helped me make my decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts