Benefit of a Electronic Powder Dispenser?

I thought the information in the Mettler website may be helpful in dealing with reloading charge weights. I sold Mettlers for 15 years. They are one of the very top manufacturers of balances - in the World.
Reloading requirements are not complicated and the basics of weight determinations are the same across the range. I hope this info is helpful in using your balance.
So what model would you suggest for reloading that isn't going to break the bank ?

I use a Lyman DPSII. After warmup, fan off and all that, then set my load, get first load. Measure on RCBS 5-0-5 for accuracy. Do that three times, if all good, then I start loading. After that, check powder wt every 10 rounds. So far works for me.

I use a Lyman DPSII. After warmup, fan off and all that, then set my load, get first load. Measure on RCBS 5-0-5 for accuracy. Do that three times, if all good, then I start loading. After that, check powder wt every 10 rounds. So far works for me.
I was curious to what model of scale would recommend since he has had 15 yrs of experience with the Metlers. I would like to purchase a good scale that I can use for other task at hand also.

I use the hornady dispenser. It's okay, but I only use it to get close. I have a much better scale that I dump the dispensed powder into. With the better scale I trickle up to the nearest 2 hundredths of a grain.
The electric dispenser really speeds up the process.
What scale are you using that reads .02?

I still think you would be better off with a Gen-6. A Mettler top loader would cost more and have no powder dispensing.
.1gr is fine for reloading. Consider a .1gr as a % of a 75 or 80gr charge. .1gr is insignificant.

Sharpshooter Pro black rhino

I'll be different. I've had Hornady and RCBS . I bought a Franklin Arsenal Inteladropper 3 years ago. Love it. It measures and programs different powders . Makes it dump faster . It's never more than 0.1 off.
The Inteladropper looks a lot like the Gen-6 with some private label cosmetic changes on the outside. Other Co's private label it - Lyman and Optic Planet I think puts their name on it. Probably there is one China Co. making the balance for everyone.
A few cautions, don't drop anything on the pan, don't tip it upside down. The actual strain gauge (load cell) is a sensitive instrument. Keep your calibration weight clean and check the balance every so often, after warm up. Be aware of air currents and vibrations in your work area. I have a check weight that has to be handled with a silk glove - it is certified traceable to the standard weight at National Bureau of Standards.
How did you like the Mettler info where a weight at sea level weighs more than the same weight at 10,000ft.

The Inteladropper looks a lot like the Gen-6 with some private label cosmetic changes on the outside. Other Co's private label it - Lyman and Optic Planet I think puts their name on it. Probably there is one China Co. making the balance for everyone.
A few cautions, don't drop anything on the pan, don't tip it upside down. The actual strain gauge (load cell) is a sensitive instrument. Keep your calibration weight clean and check the balance every so often, after warm up. Be aware of air currents and vibrations in your work area. I have a check weight that has to be handled with a silk glove - it is certified traceable to the standard weight at National Bureau of Standards.
How did you like the Mettler info where a weight at sea level weighs more than the same weight at 10,000ft.

IMO the law of diminishing returns shows when we go to the Nth degree to reload ammo. Most commercial ammo companies volume drop charges and their ammo shoots well. I'd argue that a scale needs to be reproducible first (even if it's off...like it weighs 45.3 grs when it's actually 45 grs). If it's the exact same 3 tenths variation, then it's good. Then it has to be reasonably close to the actual measurement. I have non special calibration weights that confirm consistency.

In the end, most people don't shoot bugholes (as a gun club long range safety officer, I see the groups). Most people hunting big game can kill everything with a gun that shoots 1 MOA. I strive for 1/2 MOA and can get there more often than not. Just a quick reminder, a 6" group is only a 3" deviation from point of aim (assuming scope us adjusted correctly).

Sharpshooter Pro black rhino
That Trueweight is amazing for the price - IF their specification is correct. .001g is .015grain. They go back and forth between g and gr. Find something a .1gr and weigh it several times on Trueweight and see how reproducible it is.

For all digital users, the last digit in the display is blocked from view by the processor because it is oscillating constantly. The processor watches it and at some point takes the mode of the oscillations. Rounding the last visible digit. Every processor does that. My guess is it uses the mode.

I have two chargemasters one died after 21 years, I can tell you the original would throw a weight off by a grain and the only way I found out was the horrible Chrono results. I pulled the old balance beam out and found they were not the same weight from one to the other. That is when I just started using it to throw a powder charge to a half a grain less than needed and trickled to the weight needed on the beam. The second Chargemaster, purchased two years ago, out of the box, I tested against the balance beam on first charge and it was perfect, at this point I would check every third on the beam and they were perfect. Then, later on, started having Chrono problems again, checked with the beam and it was throwing out charges up and down, sometimes up to a full grain. If you have a system that works for you and you are not concerned with time, it is no faster if you end up doing what I have to do, then save the money and continue with your methods. Just my .02.
I can see the benefits of a powder dispenser for loading quantity, but I hand load just a few specialty rounds so I can never justify the costs.

Thanks Ridge Top,
Good info. I don't think I've ever turned mine upside down but being shipped to me It might have. 😉 Mine with drift .O1 until warms up . I like the auto trickle feature. Rarely does it go over. If it does it's only a tenth. I just pick a kernal or two out with tweezers. I check with weight often. I have a Gem Pro 500 that a good friend gave me. It drifts .02. I used to use it to check dumps from the Inteladropper. The Inteladropper has been so accurate I don't anymore. I didn't read the Mettler info but I makes sense.