Which powder dispenser.

Mancill

I am going to ask my sweet wife for an auto powder dispenser. So which one is the best for accuracy. I will be using stick powder like 4046 or Varget.
Thanks.

Most accurate is Prometheus. Unless a professional muff diver, she's not gonna let you get one.
Practical is RCBS ChargeMaster. **** good product.

I am building a new house so she is watching every penny so I am asking permission instead of forgiveness for now. :D

RCBS ChargeMaster! I was measuring Varget and having my drop tube hang up a lot....trying to cut off grains of powder. Bought the ChargeMaster when it was on sale......Ive never looked back!

I now reload for 9 different rifle calibers that are used mainly for hunting purposes. After a number of years of trial and error, I have found that my Lee Classic drum powder measure along with an inexpensive Frankford Arsenal digital scale provides quick and accurate reloads regardless of powder type (ball or stick powders). I have checked the Frankford against my GemPro 250 and my RCBS 10-10 balance scales numerous times and it is spot on with regard to accuracy. Just this week, I charged 40 cases (358 Win) in less than 25 minutes weighing each throw. Regardless of whether I throw ball or stick powder with the Lee Classic, I have never had no more than one or two charges that weighed + or - 1/100 grain of my target weight. Probably not as quick as an RCBS ChargeMaster and other auto powder dispensers but, these tools more than meet my reloading needs. I get very accurate reloads verified by countless hours at the range.

I use the chargemaster for my every day loading

But for precision I drop charges with the Lee perfect powder measure and trickle on my gempro with a little.dandy. really faster than the charge master and much more.accurate

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts