Digital scale help

Yotebuster

Looking for a scale for a lot more precision loading
The gempro 250 would fit bill possibly but a lot of people complain of drift in the scale
Tree offers one to .001 any recommended scales???

In my opinion, electronic scales work well for drug dealers. I use a beam scale exclusively, to many issues with electronic scales in the past for me .

Y, have had several digitals and personally had no luck with consistency. My RCBS 10-10 beam scale is very consistent and I check it with certified weights occasionally. Perhaps you've heard the rule "consistentcy makes accuracy ". I've read posts on this forum of digitals being dead on forever, just personally haven't witnessed one. I do have an electronic powder thrower for large batches of ar ammo just for plinking. WeiserBucks, unique analogy!

I don't know your budget , but give this a look . I have the A&D FX120i scale and I like it . this is usually the cheapest place to buy from . the company is in Canada , so do the money exchange . mine was shipped from a warehouse in S Carolina or Georgia . the purchase was easy ,my credit card did the exchange . it's sort of a goofy set up cambridge has to order , but it was no problem . I've probably had it for 4 or 5 years now , and never a problem .

https://cambridgeenviro.com/searchResults.php?userQuery=FX-120i

I have.3 gempros and a chargemaster. They all will drift but only a few hundreds of a grain. Need.to plug them in several hours before using. Helps a lot. Just setting the empty pan on the tray usually rezeros them.

I always use 2. Chargemaster and a gempro to check loads. Or trickle on one and check on the other. If they agree then you are good.to go.

Much faster than my Ohaus 10/10

Thanks for replies
Using a Satorius scale I borrowed it drifts s few hundreds of a grain
My 1010 rcbs is great but they only weigh to the tenth and can be off a full tenth and cannot notice same as my chargemaster
My Chargemaster will throw pretty darn accurate I set low and use auto dandy tricker to get exact weight hopefully to the hundreth instead of tenth or 2

seldom does my A&D drift .if the scale is not giving a steady reading usually I'm moveing and causing the air to affect the scale . if I set the pan on and it doesn't show zero , I just give it a couple seconds and it goes to zero .

what satorius are you using ?

a lot of scales are strain gauge scales . the better scales are magnetic force scales . there are a few youtube videos showing how these two scales act differently .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89BOlViQXto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxMzbAt4bj0

Last edited:
It is a

ACCULAB sartorius group. VICON

I've read about the Vicon 123, it was a popular reloading scale at one time .
I think the vicon 123 scale is a strain gauge type scale , so it's not going to give rock steady readings . I know there are other scales in the vicon line , I assume they are all strain gauge type scales . the strain gauge scales like a warm up before using . maybe give the scale an hour or so warm up and try this to see if it helps . warming it up sure won't hurt anything .

Sheezes i will NEVER go back to a beam scale that would be idiotic !

Don't know if.you are being sarcastic or not but there is absolutely nothing.wrong.with a beam scale.

They might not weigh to 0.02 of a grain but their consistency is.probably right.there.

I trust gravity and my Scott Parker tuned Ohaus 10/10 more than my gempros or chargemaster. I use the digital scales for.convenience but always use two cause i don't trust them.

Definitely will give more of a warm up a try

And yes a beam scale will always have a place as well on my bench i like both

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.