Did Wipeout Products Ruin My Barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
please read the entire label and don't pick and choose what you want everyone to hear to satisfy your narrative.
You should think about heeding your own advice.

Because "not meant to be" is not the equivalent of "must never be, or Accelerator could rip your expensive bore a new a$z hole in one".

I'll take you up on that bet! If shooting 10-12rnds cleans it out, I'll pay you $1200. (Cost of barrel)

If it doesn't, you can send me $1200.

Deal?
Holy crap Batman!!! Who's squeezing you $1200 for a barrel blank?

Sharp Shoot R Precision announces new sister product WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ . This product is to be used with the improved version of the "original" Wipe-Out™, Patch-Out™, & Tactical Advantage™. Accelerator™ is NOT meant to be used by itself………or with ANY other cleaning product besides Wipe-Out™, Patch-Out™, & Tactical Advantage™.
The word " not " isn't emphasized in capital letters, you are taking it out of context

The yellow brown glop might come from chemical reaction on the chrome from the Wipeout Accelerator stuff. If copper fouling were present, I would expect to see green-blue glop.

The stainless/iron would be the anode. Copper fouling the cathode. Wipeout Accelerator the electrolyte. The copper sucks up the little iron electrons via the electrolyte causing the barrel to corrode. Just guessing.

The MSDS for the Wipeout Accelerator:

Hard to say what's in Wipeout Accelerator other than a surfactant - lots of "proprietary" in Brownells' MSDS. CO2 is one of the byproducts of use indicating some chemical reaction. Said to react with "reactive metals" ,iron would be more reactive than copper & not to be used with reducing agents like HCL (acid).

Must be tough to be a little frog in a big world.;)

Actually this sounds like one of the most reasonable guesses as to what happened inside the barrel. OP has tried about everything we have suggested to save the barrel. Since it is toast like it is, I'm going to say try and lap it out. Either with a lead lapping jag or Tubbs bullets. At this point looks like he has everything to gain and nothing to lose.

No he's not. I understood that just fine. You guys are pole vaulting over mouse chit. Pick and choose the semantics all you want - but do it both ways.
WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ is not meant to be used by itself as a cleaner, but is a catalyst that enhances the action of WIPE-OUT™ .
WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ is as safe to use as WIPE-OUT™ and in no manner compromises the safe use of either product.

Benefits of WIPE-OUT™ Brushless Bore Cleaner©:

I. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ will dissolve copper , bronze, cupro-nickel, brass fouling in the bore twice as fast and in half the time without brushing.

II. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ will protect all metal parts including the bore against corrosion & rust.

III. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ is totally safe for all steels (both stainless and carbon)

IV. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ is harmless to modern gunstock finishes. (it is not for use on shellac, varnish or oil)

V. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ dissolves carbon without brushing

VI. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ dissolves smokeless powder fouling, and black powder fouling, and primer fouling.

VII. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ has color indicators show the presence of metal fouling, powder fouling and carbon. (Metal fouling is navy blue, Powder fouling is grey or black, Carbon is tan or brown.)

VIII. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ is odorless, relatively safe and easy to use.

IX. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ will not harm plastics, rubber, or bedding compound.

X. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ cannot gum or leave behind solids that render the firearm useless.

XI. WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ contains NO ACID and NO AMMONIA

What they are telling you is that it is safe to combine with their line of products, It don't take a White Coat and a Slide Rule to figure that out

Status
Not open for further replies.