Did Wipeout Products Ruin My Barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always just used a soak patch of accelerator followed by the foam too. This time I filled the bore with accelerator using a muzzle plug.
The yellow brown glop might come from chemical reaction on the chrome from the Wipeout Accelerator stuff. If copper fouling were present, I would expect to see green-blue glop.

The stainless/iron would be the anode. Copper fouling the cathode. Wipeout Accelerator the electrolyte. The copper sucks up the little iron electrons via the electrolyte causing the barrel to corrode. Just guessing.

The MSDS for the Wipeout Accelerator:

Hard to say what's in Wipeout Accelerator other than a surfactant - lots of "proprietary" in Brownells' MSDS. CO2 is one of the byproducts of use indicating some chemical reaction. Said to react with "reactive metals" ,iron would be more reactive than copper & not to be used with reducing agents like HCL (acid).

Must be tough to be a little frog in a big world.;)

Last edited:
Quote off the wipe-out Accelerator bottle in my reloading room.

"Wipe-Out ACCELERATOR is meant to be used in combination with WIPE-OUT BRUSHLESS BORE CLEANER".

Sounds like an experiment gone bad.
Again! Don't just read what you want!
IMG_0720.png

Would you also like to review the claims of the owner? Or you just too lazy to read the thread, or you don't have the brain to keep up?

"MEANT TO BE USED' Not Use Only With
Exactly. Some read very selectively. And then stop when it suits their intended purpose.
Same as most statisticians, attorneys, and realtors. Biggest liars on planet earth. Maybe the universe, if there's other low functioning forms of life out there.

Exactly. Some read very selectively. And then stop when it suits their intended purpose.

Sharp Shoot R Precision announces new sister product WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ . This product is to be used with the improved version of the "original" Wipe-Out™, Patch-Out™, & Tactical Advantage™. Accelerator™ is NOT meant to be used by itself………or with ANY other cleaning product besides Wipe-Out™, Patch-Out™, & Tactical Advantage™.

Sharp Shoot R Precision announces new sister product WIPE-OUT ACCELERATOR™ . This product is to be used with the improved version of the "original" Wipe-Out™, Patch-Out™, & Tactical Advantage™. Accelerator™ is NOT meant to be used by itself………or with ANY other cleaning product besides Wipe-Out™, Patch-Out™, & Tactical Advantage™.
Help me out here?

Where in the manufacturer's literature will a purchaser be informed Accelerator can/could damage steel bores?

Do you follow? Can you follow?

Show me that, and you might have a leg to stand on. If we were to ignore the fact that the manufacturer's Rep stated, without condition or disclaimer, that Accelerator will not harm barrels...

Help me out here?

Where in the manufacturer's literature will a purchaser be informed Accelerator can/could damage steel bores?

Show me that, and you might have a leg to stand on. If we were to ignore the fact that the manufacturer's Rep stated, without condition or disclaimer, that Accelerator will not harm barrels...

I'm not sure how a handful of you guys want to stick to the "will not harm barrels" quote but totally disregard the statement "NOT meant to be used by itself" or "used in COMBINATION with wipeout, patchout or tactical advantage"

please read the entire label and don't pick and choose what you want everyone to hear to satisfy your narrative.

Help me out here?

You are arguing with a banned members Alias account. RockyMtUt. He is an absolute troll!

Status
Not open for further replies.