Decisions decisions (new rifle)

matt_3479

2 years ago I sold one of my favorite rifles, a factory Remington 700 xcr tac II in 300. Win mag in order to build a custom 260. Rem. this rifle is what got me started in long range and shot fantastic out 1100 yards. It was my main big game rifle as well!

Recently I have focused most of my attention into putting together a 6x47 lapua as a little brother to the 260 when I go shooting. Most of my funding is tied up as I am collection the final pieces (kelbly atlas tac, manners t5, badger bottom metal, bartlein barrel, jewel trigger so far) when today I came across another Remington 700 XCR TAC II in 300. Win mag, with a badger oversize bolt knob, mcmillan htg adj. stock, ptg bottom metal, with only 148 documented rounds down the barrel for a great price!! I could finally get back into the 300. Win mag!!

Not looking for advice so to say, more needing to rant and hear what you might do. Continue to focus on the 6mm or hold off for a touch and grab the 300. Winny.

Sounds to me like you should grab the 300wm. Then move forward with the 6mm as you can. Then you will have two that really cover most shooting.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.