New rifle decisions. NEED HELP BADLY!!!

Sorry I think you miss understood what I ment by wont shoot. The 270wsm is shooting .5 moa right now. so there is no way i am selling this gun. I was meaning how accurate the gun is. But thanks for the advice it may get turned into something at a later date.

I completely understand about the mdl 70. I have a mdl 70 coyote in 300 wsm and it shoots lights out. the only thing I would change about it is I would love for it to have a longer pipe. I bedded it myself and installed a timney trigger that breaks like glass a 2 lb. the last time I shot it at paper I shot a 0.060 at 200 yds. I just wish I could push heavier bullets slightly faster and a 28" custom barrel in the place of the factory 24 would do that for me. all I was saying is that f you wanted to have a dedicated long range rifle and have a proven action to work with, and have a heavy laminate stock already.... a premium 30" barrel might really put that gun over the top. why have two pretty good rifles for similar purposes when you can have one great one. I would highly advise going the custom or atleast sime custom route even if it means waiting. just my 2 cents.

Sorry I think you miss understood what I ment by wont shoot. The 270wsm is shooting .5 moa right now. so there is no way i am selling this gun. I was meaning how accurate the gun is. But thanks for the advice it may get turned into something at a later date.

Then again, you are making no sense. Do you want something for different use, or guns for the same use? You are basically buying the same gun.

Anyway, you seem to know what you want. As weird as it is. To each their own.

On whitetail you won't see much difference between the 270 WSM or the 300 WSM but you will when putting them on elk, at least I have seen a difference when I do it. I still like the 270 WSM for elk just cause I like it but an elk will tell the difference between a 140gr Accubond and a 200 gr Accubon if you hit them quartering or in the shoulders, a good broad side shot well placed you would see no difference. If you want to really step up look to the 338 RUM, 338 Norma or 338 Lapua, then you are doing some stepping up!!

On whitetail you won't see much difference between the 270 WSM or the 300 WSM but you will when putting them on elk, at least I have seen a difference when I do it. I still like the 270 WSM for elk just cause I like it but an elk will tell the difference between a 140gr Accubond and a 200 gr Accubon if you hit them quartering or in the shoulders, a good broad side shot well placed you would see no difference. If you want to really step up look to the 338 RUM, 338 Norma or 338 Lapua, then you are doing some stepping up!!

There is a difference, but not in the functionality of the rounds. They both kill Elk at the same ranges. Which is basically what you said, so I agree!

I agree with your step up analysis too.

win270wsm,

It looks like your outvoted, you HAVE to go get a 338 now...:D

gun)

LOL,

BTW, I usually have several calibers that are pretty much the same.

I want to shoot an elk with my 45/70-that's different! My first elk was with a bow and arrow.

I will say one thing for an elk rifle-IF you have to carry it very far make it light.

win270wsm,

It looks like your outvoted, you HAVE to go get a 338 now...:D

gun)

LOL,

BTW, I usually have several calibers that are pretty much the same.

I want to shoot an elk with my 45/70-that's different! My first elk was with a bow and arrow.

I will say one thing for an elk rifle-IF you have to carry it very far make it light.

I was just commenting that his OP and his conclusion don't make sense. He said he wanted something different. He isn't getting anything that different.

And I agree, he should get a 338! :)

I was just commenting that his OP and his conclusion don't make sense. He said he wanted something different. He isn't getting anything that different.

And I agree, he should get a 338! :)

Ya, I said that back a few pages too.:)

BignGreen, I got a kick out of your, step up comment. Few years back I got a 325 wsm as a job perk,I had shot a 340 wm for 20 yrs.That 325 was such a light packer, that I stepped down, to grabbing it quite often. Really felt like I had a pee shooter:D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts