Decent hunting bullet?

jsthntn247

What say you? .035 jacket thickness, hollow nose cavity .400 deep from tip. Meplate is fairly open.
CE1F7ADF-7BE1-49F6-9890-01E0A716A8F5-617-000000E97F50053F_zps460af3cf.jpg

It's a 155 Hybrid. I've got a bunch of them and I need a need a bullet to shoot in a kids rifle. Velocity will only be 2500-2600 and shots will be -200 yards. I might have to experiment on a yote and a doe before I let my niece shoot one. I'm not worried about jacket shedding, it's expansion I'm worried about. I've cut the 168 and 200 hybrids open and the nose cavity is no where near as open as this one. This bullet is very similar to a 155 Scenar that is a proven killer.

It's a 155 Hybrid. I've got a bunch of them and I need a need a bullet to shoot in a kids rifle. Velocity will only be 2500-2600 and shots will be -200 yards. I might have to experiment on a yote and a doe before I let my niece shoot one. I'm not worried about jacket shedding, it's expansion I'm worried about. I've cut the 168 and 200 hybrids open and the nose cavity is no where near as open as this one. This bullet is very similar to a 155 Scenar that is a proven killer.
At those velocities they should perform very well for you. Just check the tips and make sure they are open.

If I remember right you should have about a 1/4" from the opening to the bottom. There were some a few years back from a run or two that were not open all the way but appeared to be when just looking at the tip.

Looks like a jacket shedding SOB to me!:rolleyes:

:D:D:D

I like the idea of a high bc bullet that'll put game down well but I don't like picking lead frag's out of my teeth so I'm torn on going to match pills like the berger over sierra, nos bonded and hdy like I shoot for the most part now.
A lot of people are doing it, but a lot of people jump off bridges too, and I really don't fly that way...

:D:D:D

I like the idea of a high bc bullet that'll put game down well but I don't like picking lead frag's out of my teeth so I'm torn on going to match pills like the berger over sierra, nos bonded and hdy like I shoot for the most part now.
A lot of people are doing it, but a lot of people jump off bridges too, and I really don't fly that way...
Interbond, Accubond, Interlock, and Swift Siroccos shoot well further than I can and they haven't let me down yet.

Wife shot a nice 10pt Monday night right at dark at 420.

Had a quartering to shot on him and put the 180gr Sirocco between the brisket and shoulder and we found it in the ooff side hip.

Dead before he hit the ground, almost no meat loss at all.

What more can you ask for?

I've killed 4 does since Thanksgiving with Berger 140 hybrids out to 325 yards out my 6.5 creedmor. NONE have taken a step. Here's a doe I shot yesterday at 235 with the 140 hybrid..

So the hybrids work VERY WELL

I've killed 4 does since Thanksgiving with Berger 140 hybrids out to 325 yards out my 6.5 creedmor. NONE have taken a step. Here's a doe I shot yesterday at 235 with the 140 hybrid..

So the hybrids work VERY WELL

Have you recovered a bullet? where did you shoot them? neck shots don't count for bullet performance a broken neck is a broken neck.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.