Decent spotting scope

Have you used the new 2018 viper hd line, or are you just writing them off for fun?
Yes I have. I've been next to the best scopes on the market and a lot in between. Once youturn them up the detail goes away. The op was talking about detail on coal bucks not sure of the distance or lighting conditions But for field judging they just are not that good lots of mirage mid day and very dark in low light. In perfect conditions all spotters are usable. A guy with the list of rifle scopes this guy has will not be happy with the viper line and for the cost of the razor the meopta and kowas will be better.

I would venture to guess he's never used anything Vortex offers...Or is just a glass snob. You come across those every now and then. I've known a few. If I was rich, I would be, too. But I wouldn't look down on other brands just because they're not as expensive as my March or NF scopes.
Certainly not an optics snob and not rich. I'm just a poor landscaper who loves to hunt. That being said there is one thing I've learned and it's dont save money on optics especially spotters or rifle scopes the fall off is much larger than bino's. I own 2 sets of vortex diamond back binos an razor hd lh and vipers pst rifle scope. I've sent back and sold 2 broken viper rifle scopes when they first came out. They have made there products better year after year. I do a lot of az couse hunting where judging inches at long distances is important. I've hunted with a lot of people with lots of different spotting scopes and the mid tier and lower end scopes just aren't very good. I meant no disrespect to the brand or any of you.

Yes I have. I've been next to the best scopes on the market and a lot in between. Once youturn them up the detail goes away. The op was talking about detail on coal bucks not sure of the distance or lighting conditions But for field judging they just are not that good lots of mirage mid day and very dark in low light. In perfect conditions all spotters are usable. A guy with the list of rifle scopes this guy has will not be happy with the viper line and for the cost of the razor the meopta and kowas will be better.

I don't know man - our eyes must be a lot different. I spent a lot of hours last fall looking at elk and mule deer a long ways a way through my viper hd at full power and could see plenty of detail to count points and judge mass.

I'll be honest my eyes are not what they once were. I'm also color blind so those could certainly be factors.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts