Any decent LR hunting opportunities in mid-west Arkansas?? Looking for a huntin buddy.

Cody, my suggestion would be to enjoy the hunting Ark.has to offer along with your return trips to Wyoming. Then start yourself with new challenge of pushing a 22 LR to it's max and maybe even a 223 Rem.

Life saving and life prolonging medicine should be free for all U.S. citizens. The thi gs you can not live without should be free. We should not be a walking paycheck for someone.

So unfortunately I have to leave my wonderful home state of Wyoming so my wife can pursue further education and work opportunities in her career, so I am likely moving to Arkansas anywhere from one month to 4 months from now, and will be there for anywhere from 3 to 7 years before I can move back here. And don't get me wrong, I don't hate Arkansas by any means, but I will certainly miss being able to hunt monster mulies every year at 10,000 ft elevation with a $38 OTC tag, and chase 300"+ bulls every year with a $58 OTC tag as well. That one is going to hurt.

But while I am in Arkansas, I am wondering if I will be able to do any LR hunting of the whitetail deer, possibly hogs, or anything else. I am also interested in archery hunting as well, as I chase elk with a bow out here too. The entire year I live for the fall hunting season. It is 100% new to me, the only person I know out there is my father in law, and I have only visited one time.

I plan on coming back to Wyoming every year to hunt, the area I will be applying for has about a 50% or so draw odds for non-resident doe/fawn pronghorn, and I know the ranchers here and can hunt on their land (there are areas in the mid east and north east side of the state that are 100% draw odds, but access is a little more challenging, but doable if interested) and I also know how to get a 100% draw odd non-resident late season cow/calf elk tag (for under $300), with FANTASTIC long range opportunities. So if someone could help me out in Arkansas, I could certainly help them out in return on a Wyoming hunt or two, as this is my stomping grounds. We could even split travel expenses, and there is no trespass or guide fee, just travel to Wyoming for a pronghorn or elk hunt, or both, and have a good time.

A hunting buddy wouldn't be a bad thing for me to have in an area I don't know, my father in law doesn't hunt much, and I will be leaving all my hunting friends and family behind. I will be living near Paris, so not far from the Ozark forest. My wife will be working in Ft. Smith. So that is our general location.

I love anything hunting and fishing, waterfowl, boating, I even spearfish and have freediving/spearfishing gear for multiple people. Any interest just send me a private message. I'm also gonna post this in the swap-a-hunt area too.

Take care.

PLEASE SKIP TO POST #26 ON PAGE 2.

Unless things have changed quite a bit since I was last out that way there's a whole lot of wheat fields and some large rice fields in the lowlands.

Life saving and life prolonging medicine should be free for all U.S. citizens. The thi gs you can not live without should be free. We should not be a walking paycheck for someone.

Nothing is free, someone has to pay. The more we attack Drug prices without limiting producer liability the few new drugs we'll see come to market as well. Currently it can easily cost upwards of 2-3 Trillion to bring a new drug to market.

Streamline the approval process and limit liability suits to cases where a drug has passed through the approval process and fraud has been discovered on the part of the company during the approval process.

Nothing is free, someone has to pay. The more we attack Drug prices without limiting producer liability the few new drugs we'll see come to market as well. Currently it can easily cost upwards of 2-3 Trillion to bring a new drug to market.

Streamline the approval process and limit liability suits to cases where a drug has passed through the approval process and fraud has been discovered on the part of the company during the approval process.
I agree 100 percent. Make it more affordable. Being "free" is not possible as the medicine was not free to make, inventory and sell, which means someone else is paying and the quality and availability starts dropping off as soon as the few are no longer to pay for the many.

I agree 100 percent. Make it more affordable. Being "free" is not possible as the medicine was not free to make, inventory and sell, which means someone else is paying and the quality and availability starts dropping off as soon as the few are no longer to pay for the many.
I don't want to derail this thread but I actually have a great plan that would cut the price of prescription drugs by half or more if we could get it implemented.

If anyone is interested I'd share it with them if they'd forward it to their rep's and senators.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.