Dead elk around the snowy mountains in MT

I have a buddy that was planning a private land elk hunt this year in 411, but landowners told him they have recently found a lot of dead elk. Anyone hear anything about this?
I have not heard any, but contact the FWP Region 4 Office when in doubt.

1676141120590.png

What area of Montana? The elk seem to be fine here in W. Montana where I am.
The Snowy is in Fergus County in Lewiston. Opportunities in my neck of the woods were healthy in the private properties; the public was scarce and crowded.

View attachment 437888

The Snowy is in Fergus County in Lewiston. Opportunities in my neck of the woods were healthy in the private properties; the public was scarce and crowded.
Supposably the landowner contacted them, but they didn't seem to care? Sounds fishy to me.

We've hunted the Little Snowies.
The N Bar surrounds much of it and has a range rider keeping everyone off.
As far as them finding a lot of dead elk, what are they dead from? I haven't seen or heard anything on that.

For what it's worth, we hunted the Little Snowies hard every weekend the one bow season and only found fresh elk sign once. They appeared to be spending a lot of time on the N Bar.

View attachment 437888

I'd use caution trusting the FWP. Gross display of incompetence.