Coyote Caliber Dialing Long Distance

That's why we are here, to discuss and learn, right? The Origin action is a Rem 700 clone, it should fit a Rem 700 inletted stock just fine. Some actions are not Remington clones & won't fit in your Rem 700 stocks.

Of course, feel free to research other actions, etc. Being a left handed feller, I posted that for you cause I knew it was in stock & just trying to help.

Lefties gotta look out for one another!

t
I just got a reply back and they're out for a while. So I have a lead on a 700 in a .308, I'm just asking if this is what I need.
Again I have a stock.
I appreciate your help, and yes we all need to help one another.
Thanks

I have to admit that my 6-284 is my favorite rifle. I built it on a blue printed LH 700 Long Action to allow seating those long, heavy bullets out farther. I'm currently using Ramshot Magnum under a 112gn Match Burner @3400fps. I can tell you this... Antelope don't like it much. :cool:

As far as powder for the 22 Creed, i'd run something in the H1000 burn rate.

t

I just got a reply back and they're out for a while. So I have a lead on a 700 in a .308, I'm just asking if this is what I need.
Again I have a stock.
I appreciate your help, and yes we all need to help one another.
Thanks

Yeah, if you can pick up a 700 short action in .308, it'll work just fine.

t

The answer you're looking for, starts with a "6mm"…. from there, you can choose from a veritable cornucopia of cases. Creed, x47, .243, 6xc, 6lr…. whatever, so long as it's a 1-8"(ish) twist.

55s at 4000, or high BC 103-115s at 3000…. or both.

I have to admit that my 6-284 is my favorite rifle. I built it on a blue printed LH 700 Long Action to allow seating those long, heavy bullets out farther. I'm currently using Ramshot Magnum under a 112gn Match Burner @3400fps. I can tell you this... Antelope don't like it much. :cool:

As far as powder for the 22 Creed, i'd run something in the H1000 burn rate.

t
Wow, that 284 sounds like a fun versatile rifle! Thanks.

Wow, that 284 sounds like a fun versatile rifle! Thanks.
Lol, that depends on if you like barrels or not. Some folks gasp at chamberings that only offer 1000rnds of barrel life. To me, barrels are a consumable, period. When I toast this Kreiger, i'll set it back or replace it.

t

Well actually it's a .308 LA.

How's the wind in Gillette
I spent part of a year out there, who ever named Chicago the windy city never spent a day in Gillette Wyoming

I can't recommend a long action for 22 creed, I wouldn't do it. Perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in. Will it work? yeah. But it kind of takes away the possibilities of a Long Action.

The wind is ok today, it ran at a mild 40mph pretty much all weekend. You aren't kidding about the windy city comment, it can really scream here.

t

Lol, that depends on if you like barrels or not. Some folks gasp at chamberings that only offer 1000rnds of barrel life. To me, barrels are a consumable, period. When I toast this Kreiger, i'll set it back or replace it.

It would take me some time to burn up a barrel so if that be the case, then it is what it is.
I know I like this .22 Creedmoor.
Now it's just learning how to go about building me one.

OK, not trying to make this complicated. I have a few Remington 700 left hand stocks. So if I can get a .308 Receiver I'm in business is what I'm asking.
Not looking for anyone to make me parts/receiver, just wanting to know if i can accomplish my goal by getting a .308 receiver.
Thanks
I have five Bighorn Origin receivers. Long and short actions and all are in Remington 700 stocks without inlet requirements.
I have both DBM and BDL setups and all run just fine.
I think it would work fine for your build.

I can't recommend a long action for 22 creed, I wouldn't do it. Perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in. Will it work? yeah. But it kind of takes away the possibilities of a Long Action.

The wind is ok today, it ran at a mild 40mph pretty much all weekend. You aren't kidding about the windy city comment, it can really scream here.

t
Well I can look for other stocks and go from there, just something i had and thought if i could use it, all that much the better.

I have five Bighorn Origin receivers. Long and short actions and all are in Remington 700 stocks without inlet requirements.
I have both DBM and BDL setups and all run just fine.
I think it would work fine for your build.
Thanks

They have left hand Origin with 308 bolt face and choice of knob and 20 MOA base.
You can also buy an additional replacement magnum bolt face should you delve into the short fat magnum world!