Coyote Caliber Dialing Long Distance

Reaching out with good power at distance will be hard to do and not blow them up, on close shots. But I would look at 22creedmoor, 243ai, 22-243ai or standard, 6creed also. Do you have a budget and weight for the rifle lots of things to think about. I built my first custom coyote rifle as a 22-243, heavier barrel threaded for a can and used a Boyd's stock. Well that build came in ready to hunt at 15lbs, so now I am doing a new one hoping to be in at 10lbs or under. Have carbon stock, carbon barrel from Pederson LLC, big horn action.

Reaching out with good power at distance will be hard to do and not blow them up, on close shots. But I would look at 22creedmoor, 243ai, 22-243ai or standard, 6creed also. Do you have a budget and weight for the rifle lots of things to think about. I built my first custom coyote rifle as a 22-243, heavier barrel threaded for a can and used a Boyd's stock. Well that build came in ready to hunt at 15lbs, so now I am doing a new one hoping to be in at 10lbs or under. Have carbon stock, carbon barrel from Pederson LLC, big horn action.
I'll look into the .22 Creedmoor some, yes the weight can be and should be thought of, but again I'm looking right now for what everyone is using without devouring the animal.

I'll look into the .22 Creedmoor some, yes the weight can be and should be thought of, but again I'm looking right now for what everyone is using without devouring the animal.
My 22-243 with 75g amaxes at 3500fps, I have only shot at 200 to 120 they all had like s grapefruit size exit hole. If you know how to sew the hid they would be usuable, buyer never complained about them, always knocks them dead right there. Maybe with some Bergers they wouldn't hybrids they wouldn't tear as bad, but might not be as fast of a kill too.

As a guess, you probably want something in the 65-80gr range pushing 3000+ FPS. Off the shelf stuff, a 22-250 fits the description very well. 22 creedmoor will be the same thing but better (and probably more expensive across the board). .243 or 6mm creedmoor will probably do what you want but may be a bit on the overkill side. On the light side, you may be able to get a .223 remington to do what you want to. My vote would go to 22-250 all day.

6mm arc. I just loaded up some 87gr Vmax at 3040fps 31gr leverevolution at 70° from a 22" barrel. Shoots 1/2moa from an ar15. Fast follow up shots, low recoil, cheap ammo and components, and none of the bogus magazine problems with many of the cartridges mentioned above. Many of them are a nightmare when loading a mag beyond 5 rds. That is not the case here..... no pun intended..

Also, a barrel life longer than almost everything suggested here combined. Reasonably 4k rounds+.

For Longer Ranges and "Dialing" I like, the 108 gr. Berger Elites, in my 9.5 pound, Braked, 24" 1-7.5 twist, Criterion bbl'd, 6 XC ( Same as, a 6 Creed, but with, a longer Neck ) IT's a Version One, 6XC, Tubb, using Norma Brass / Forster Dies and produces, One Ragged Hole groups, in the .2's and .3's !
Very Humane but, NOT Fur Friendly,.. up "close" ! Don't care, as DON' T,.. skin them, anyway !

My opinion, if you want to go from 0 to 1k with one caliber, one load, you are going to have either weak killing power on the far end, or too much on the close shots. There's really no getting around that. Decide what your priority is and then go from there.

For me, I've had pretty good luck with an 87 vmax, no faster than 3200, and this will get you to 600 pretty easily and kill when it gets there, and close shots can be messy but not usually with good hits. Kill them before they get to 200 and all is good. The Hdy 87 bthp is a seriously accurate bullet but doesn't offer the bc or quite the killing power of the vmax.

Beyond that I have no experience to offer, but I'd want something like a 108 starting as fast as I could get them, I'm thinking 6-284 type of thing.

My opinion, if you want to go from 0 to 1k with one caliber, one load, you are going to have either weak killing power on the far end, or too much on the close shots. There's really no getting around that. Decide what your priority is and then go from there.

For me, I've had pretty good luck with an 87 vmax, no faster than 3200, and this will get you to 600 pretty easily and kill when it gets there, and close shots can be messy but not usually with good hits. Kill them before they get to 200 and all is good. The Hdy 87 bthp is a seriously accurate bullet but doesn't offer the bc or quite the killing power of the vmax.

Beyond that I have no experience to offer, but I'd want something like a 108 starting as fast as I could get them, I'm thinking 6-284 type of thing.
Thanks, makes sense

OK, Looking to do a build "Just" for hunting "yotes"
Long distance. Bolt action
What's the thoughts of calibers.
Now having said this I want them to fall over dead
but I don't want to blow them apart.
You think of using a 6.8 PRC, great shooter, and with yotes, you have a lot of quick back up shots, and they or at least mine will kill a yote at 400+ and very accurate.

You think of using a 6.8 PRC, great shooter, and with yotes, you have a lot of quick back up shots, and they or at least mine will kill a yote at 400+ and very accurate.
Very underrated cartridge. I've got one I've been playing with for a couple of years. Night hunting for coyotes is illegal in my state, but if it wasn't, that's what I would use on yotes. Like you said, nothing but dead yotes out to 400y. They won't spin or run after that 110gr v-max blows them up. Quiet when suppressed, very mild recoil, and kills deer dead, so if a person lived somewhere with pigs, I'm sure it would kill them fine too. And optimized in a 16" barrel. Hard to beat for drt coyotes.