Coyote Caliber Dialing Long Distance

6mm arc. I just loaded up some 87gr Vmax at 3040fps 31gr leverevolution at 70° from a 22" barrel. Shoots 1/2moa from an ar15. Fast follow up shots, low recoil, cheap ammo and components, and none of the bogus magazine problems with many of the cartridges mentioned above. Many of them are a nightmare when loading a mag beyond 5 rds. That is not the case here..... no pun intended..

Also, a barrel life longer than almost everything suggested here combined. Reasonably 4k rounds+.
I just got a Seekins 6mm ARC with the same goal in mind. What scope did you go with and why? I'm still trying to decide on that.

I did just what you are doing and went with a 22 Creed. I went 22" 1-8 twist suppressed and wanted speed so I could zero at 300 and ended up with 1/2 mil at 400 and 1 mil at 500. I wanted to be able to quickly take shots out to 500. Beyond I will use ballistic solver for dope. There are very high BC options in 22 caliber and you can drive them pretty darn fast with this caliber.

I did just what you are doing and went with a 22 Creed. I went 22" 1-8 twist suppressed and wanted speed so I could zero at 300 and ended up with 1/2 mil at 400 and 1 mil at 500. I wanted to be able to quickly take shots out to 500. Beyond I will use ballistic solver for dope. There are very high BC options in 22 caliber and you can drive them pretty darn fast with this caliber.
Yes after watching a lot of video's and researching the .22 Creed I think I'm pretty much sold on this for the Coyote build.
My issue might be finding a left Hand receiver.

I just got a Seekins 6mm ARC with the same goal in mind. What scope did you go with and why? I'm still trying to decide on that.
I have been through a half dozen scopes at a minimum on that rig. It currently has a sig tango6 3-18×44, and it works really well.

Yes after watching a lot of video's and researching the .22 Creed I think I'm pretty much sold on this for the Coyote build.
My issue might be finding a left Hand receiver.
600rd barrel life. Maybe 800 if you load really slow. I don't know about you, but that's maybe a year in a rifle that I shoot regularly.

OK, Looking to do a build "Just" for hunting "yotes"
Long distance. Bolt action
What's the thoughts of calibers.
Now having said this I want them to fall over dead
but I don't want to blow them apart.
In order to even begin to answer your question, one would have to know what you consider long distance. Without knowing the range your request for caliber recommendations is pretty useless and would only be a scientific wild *** guess.

In order to even begin to answer your question, one would have to know what you consider long distance. Without knowing the range your request for caliber recommendations is pretty useless and would only be a scientific wild *** guess.
Well, If I remember the Heading of this thread it says 10-1000 yards.

Call Clayton at West Texas Ordinance, or go to their website and look at the 22 LRV, it will be my next build for exactly what you are looking for. I was going to do it in an AR10 if I could get a carbon fiber barrel but that is a complex situation, so I am going bolt action now. Hes built me a couple of LRS's in 25 and 284 calibers and they are tack drivers for sure.

Call Clayton at West Texas Ordinance, or go to their website and look at the 22 LRV, it will be my next build for exactly what you are looking for. I was going to do it in an AR10 if I could get a carbon fiber barrel but that is a complex situation, so I am going bolt action now. Hes built me a couple of LRS's in 25 and 284 calibers and they are tack drivers for sure.
Thanks, much appreciated

My pick of all the ones I use the most is my Weatherby MkV Varmitmaster re-barreled to 6XC with a 90gr. to 105gr. pill. It has more than enough reach and is deadly accurate.

6XC Varmintmaster .22-250 re barrel 023.jpg

Sir...
After following your thread from the beginning I see you've had a plethora of great recommendations here and do understand you will build what you want.

My humble opinion is 243 Winchester or 243AI with V-Max projectiles of your liking.
Simple, fast and accurate enough to put down your yote at your mentioned distances with decent barrel life and still have the easier to find components needed to stay loaded and in the field!

Of course you will punch good exit holes at closer distances. No good way around it with any earlier mentioned fast caliber choice for shooting both short and long distance.

OK, Looking to do a build "Just" for hunting "yotes"
Long distance. Bolt action
What's the thoughts of calibers.
Now having said this I want them to fall over dead
but I don't want to blow them apart.
"Long distance" is 300-1000yds in my lingo. Not necessarily my shooting distances on coyotes for reliably one-shot, one-kill DRT, non-damaging. With proper bullet placement, doesn't take much to DRT coyotes. .204Ruger (200Y, wind drifter), .223/5.56 (400Y) , 224 Valkyrie (600y coyotes - 1000 steel/paper), up to 1000Y steel/paper - coyotes 600Y..... 6mm.....ARC, CM, Rem......243 WIN. Anything larger is damage prone. Broad choices. Take your preference.

I'm shooting the 108 Berger hybrid's at 2975 fps and I didn't see much damage to the hide's unless I hit the spine. First one was 905 yards then 563 yards and 331 yards and you can see no damage to the hide.
This is a strong argument for a 6mm! Why reinvent the wheel! I love seeing real experience talking on our forum. There may be a lot of other ideas thrown out on this thread but I would be surprised if they are backed up like this!
When I was 14, I had a 22-250, called coyotes and sold the pelts at a local hide and fur broker. I would look further into a 22 Creedmoor. However, I have only talked with first hand experience 22CM owners, I don't own one.

Enjoy the search,