Christensen rifles

lyle2231

I've been following the recent post about the CA Rifle the gentleman was having trouble with. Being curious I wonder what kind of assembly process is used?
Do the barrels get farmed out for chambering? Whose barrels? Bolts & receivers…machined and heat treated, stamped with manufacturer then sent to CA for assembly? With all the components on the bench do they head space/adjust if necessary or just screw the barrel to torque specs?
I suspect I'll get some flak for these questions but ammo being the greatest variable I can't understand the great degree of variation I'm reading about.
It seems the guys that handload have the fewest problems. Just some things I was thinking about. Best regards Friends!

I've got a CA Mesa in 6.5 CM, and it's a great rifle. It shoots very well with several recipes, it's smooth, dependable, lightweight, just a solid hunting rifle. It seems to me that most of the issues with the CA rifles were a year or two ago, mainly the Ridgeline rifle barrels, mostly in the larger magnum cartridges. I wouldn't buy a used Ridgeline in 300 WM, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Mesa or a newer Ridgeline.

I've been following the recent post about the CA Rifle the gentleman was having trouble with. Being curious I wonder what kind of assembly process is used?
Do the barrels get farmed out for chambering? Whose barrels? Bolts & receivers…machined and heat treated, stamped with manufacturer then sent to CA for assembly? With all the components on the bench do they head space/adjust if necessary or just screw the barrel to torque specs?
I suspect I'll get some flak for these questions but ammo being the greatest variable I can't understand the great degree of variation I'm reading about.
It seems the guys that handload have the fewest problems. Just some things I was thinking about. Best regards Friends!
I have the opposite perception. Most threads I have read, here and elsewhere, seem to start with "Won't shoot my handloads".

I understand different people have different experiences with various rifles, but I have a Ridgeline 7RM that shoots 1-hole groups, from the start, with factory ammo. I can't attest to actual consistency in all of their rifles, but my brother also has a Ridgeline 7RM, that I put on paper for him when new. It was getting sub MOA, with same factory ammo, from the start.

Well sir, Ya pays your money and takes your shots,
Im happy for you and your success!
My intent was an ad hoc inquiry if any of the gentlemen here knew about the factory. Thanks for your response, regards.

All work is done in house. All manufacturing is done in house. 7th largest U.S. rifles manufacturer.
I know some parts for were made in Logan Utah
just off of 10th west at a machine shop. They must of slowed down because they pulled those products from him. It was chassis parts if I remember. In fact after they slowed and cut orders he needed to sell off some machines because he no longer needed them. Not sure if barrels and actions get farmed.

I could check around at the high schools and see if they are doing them😉

To be fair I don't think many if any of the top companies build In house 100%

Last edited:
I know some parts for were made in Logan Utah
just off of 10th west at a machine shop. They must of slowed down because they pulled those products from him. It was chassis parts if I remember. In fact after they slowed and cut orders he needed to sell off some machines because he no longer needed them. Not sure if barrels and actions get farmed.

I could check around at the high schools and see if they are doing them😉

To be fair I don't think many if any of the top companies buil In house 100%
Actions, barrels from stock steel, carbon wrapping, stocks, brakes, and bottom metal are all done in house. They buy triggers and sling studs. I'm not sure about their MPR chassis rifles but if they fired your buddy they probably moved them in house.

Actions, barrels from stock steel, carbon wrapping, stocks, brakes, and bottom metal are all done in house. They buy triggers and sling studs. I'm not sure about their MPR chassis rifles but if they fired your buddy they probably moved them in house.
They didn't fire nor was he a buddy. Just had boxes of small CA items that his shop made for them. Looked like chassis parts? Point being not everything is made at CA.

Last edited:
If they no longer use him they are making them in house. They are still making and selling their chassis lines.
I know they still make them. He had produced enough inventory for along time for them according to him but they were scaling back? I don't care either way. Not 100% made "in house" as stated is all. Carry on.

Last edited: