Christensen rifles

Helped out a new shooter this summer that bought a CA BA Tactical in 6.5CM for local PRS style matches. Unable to get under 1.5-2" at 100yds. Upon inspection the rifle was bedded crooked and the barrel was significantly touching the stock.
View attachment 113720

Calls to CA only got the offer that they would grind out the side of the forend for more clearance and they wouldn't even entertain the idea of rebedding instead of grinding the forend. I was told if the kid paid to have someone redo the (obviously crooked to Hellen Keller) spot bedding job it would void the CA warranty.

Can't say the rifle components were bad but have seen alot better in $1000 factory rifles. The assembly and QC were clearly done by someone who didn't give a flying $&%*, if done at all. Ridiculous garbage for an exorbitant price. A Ruger American would have been a far better purchase. The customer service guy on the phone certainly didn't do the company or the customer any good.

Kid quickly dumped the rifle at a $1000 loss as the dealer wouldn't stand behind it either. Can't really blame him, I would take the hit for tgat crap either but then I wouldn't be selling crap like tgat from a company with that kind of customer service.

Has replaced it with a PVA Nucleus barrel action.

Doesn't mean some people haven't gotten a decent rifle out of them but I would personally NEVER recommend anyone give their hard earned money to that company.

Did the shooter inspect the rifle before purchasing it?

Did the shooter inspect the rifle before purchasing it?

Nope. Like I said, more money than sense so yes he has some responsibility to reject crap from the manufacture prior to paying for it. Can't expect much from you shooters who don't realize just because it is expensive doesn't mean it isn't junk.

If he had listened to advise he wouldn't have bought it in the first place but he did. The biggest beef in my book is CA's lack of standing behind their work. Sad to see a company struggling to rebuild their reputation care so little for tgeir customers. Oh well. In the end it all shakes out.

If their customer service was worth a crap this wouldn't be an issue. Crap happens and it how a company handles it says more about them than just about anything else.

I have read enough of these threads in the last 6 months to tell people to be wary of CA.

I have 2 CA Ridgelines. 7mm-08 and a 280 AI. Both shoot .5 MOA or LESS with the right hand load. The 7mm-08 shoots anything good but my hand loads are crazy accurate. Wouldn't trade em for a custom...

I have 2 CA Ridgelines. 7mm-08 and a 280 AI. Both shoot .5 MOA or LESS with the right hand load. The 7mm-08 shoots anything good but my hand loads are crazy accurate. Wouldn't trade em for a custom...
What are you shooting out of the 280 AI? If I leave the 6.5 & I can find one I like a 280 AI.

What are you shooting out of the 280 AI? If I leave the 6.5 & I can find one I like a 280 AI.
So far all I have done is a medium load of 8133 and ELDX 162s. Almost wet myself at the groups it shot during barrel break in. Everyone one of them were in the .6-.4" range
I should have bought lottery tickets on the way home but the 7/08 did that too. I bought it last year. The 280AI is only 2 weeks old. See my reloading post about heavy bullets

Blah blah blah...for every "bad" second hand info story posted online theres a dozen more "good" story's, so these threads need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Blah blah blah...for every "bad" second hand info story posted online theres a dozen more "good" story's, so these threads need to be taken with a grain of salt.
That may be true but they are worth noting...and they should also be compared to other manufacturers. I rarely, if ever, see these types of threads with Coopers (just to pick another competing brand - and I don't have any Coopers so I am not trying to fluff them).

That may be true but they are worth noting...and they should also be compared to other manufacturers. I rarely, if ever, see these types of threads with Coopers (just to pick another competing brand - and I don't have any Coopers so I am not trying to fluff them).

Fair point. I just don't think there are as many Cooper owners based on the amount of feedback I see, good or bad. I do see similar complaints from Fierce customers and I'd still own a Fierce in a heartbeat.

Maybe it's just me, but customer support is something I don't worry about with my rifles. I'm willing to void the the warranty with any factory rifle before I take it to the range the first time. Whether it's bedding the stock and replacing the X-Mark trigger on a Remington or clearing out a barrel channel for a better free float on a Winchester or Ruger. If it's not right, I fix it. I couldn't care less about the factory warranty.

Fair point. I just don't think there are as many Cooper owners based on the amount of feedback I see, good or bad. I do see similar complaints from Fierce customers and I'd still own a Fierce in a heartbeat.

Maybe it's just me, but customer support is something I don't worry about with my rifles. I'm willing to void the the warranty with any factory rifle before I take it to the range the first time. Whether it's bedding the stock and replacing the X-Mark trigger on a Remington or clearing out a barrel channel for a better free float on a Winchester or Ruger. If it's not right, I fix it. I couldn't care less about the factory warranty.
I'm with you on factory warranty but to me it shows the true colors of a company...and if they won't fix a defect (and fix it the right way) that was there when it left the factory floor then I want no part of the company.

I'm with you on factory warranty but to me it shows the true colors of a company...and if they won't fix a defect (and fix it the right way) that was there when it left the factory floor then I want no part of the company.

What you're not seeing here is the other side of the story. Acting like an A-hole tends to reciprocate in regards to the quality of service received. Human interaction always plays a role in quality customer service.

The fact the OP's friend didn't want to void the factory warranty is kinda humorous since shooting handloads in it would also void the warranty...a warranty on a gun is completely pointless, no matter the company.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.