Camelman is a SCAMMER

This is why I only trust about 3 people.
And why this is the only social media outlet I associate with at all. No Facebook, twitter or anything.
The world is full of suckers and those who take advantage of them.
Glad you were wise enough to figure it out.
Old saying, "if it sounds to good to be true" needs to apply to all interactions.
You know, I guess I've been lucky. I've bought and sold hundreds of knives and swords and khukuris online since 2004, to people all over the world, and trusted people I've never dealt with before, and only been cheated twice. Once by a Michigan cop who sold me an auto knife as "new" that he not only didn't have in his possession, but which when I finally got it from his "friend" weeks later ended up being a thrashed piece of junk, and once by the USPS who did every crooked and underhanded thing in their power for over a year to avoid paying on a legitimate very well documented claim on a sword I sold to a guy in Toronto, which they destroyed. After my 60th weekly visit to the local PO with reams of proof, they finally, reluctantly, begrudgingly paid me about 80% of the value, but of course I had reimbursed the buyer in full out of my own pocket immediately.

However, I agree on the social media. I lurk on Instagram sometimes for the giveaways, but the only social media I've ever been on was LinkedIn for work.

Last edited:
Hmmmm? So the NIB pre-64 Safari Express that Nigerian Price promised me for sending him my bank account numbers and social security number may not be in shipment currently? It's only been 9 months since he said he mailed it.
What? You mean he has several of them? Me and my friend both have identical ones on order. Can't wait! 🤔😳😉

I always call and talk to the person, if they are legit they will know the details and more info about the product being sold, if not usually they will not answer or don't know. Not perfect but another way to weed out the sht birds.

Hello Fellow LRHF Members;

2 weeks ago I was in search of a Nightforce NX8 1-8x24 MOA Scope, I had multiple offers & chose Camelman's offer. Very nice, LNIB rendition of what I was looking for, he needed the $$$ for back surgery & I wanted a new optic for an AR/Safari Caliber platform. Fast Forward to Sunday the 24th, when it donned on me that this guy's story wasn't adding up. He needed $$$ for back surgery, then he had a loss of family member, followed by having a friend of his in a state (North Carolina) that doesn't border his own (Ohio)….send me a check for a refund on my Certified Cashier's Check that I CANCELED & the funds never cleared my account..,..nothing gained, nothing lost! However, I received a check in the mail today in FULL from an address in SAN DIEGO. The check has been handed over to local law enforcement & these guys are now on the RADAR! Karma always comes full circle on these loser's, just know that I'm going to do my part to see to it that is exactly what these clown's deserve!

Attached are picture of the whole deal (minus the return check, can not show for due to the investigation). Will release that on this thread once I have permission.
Sorry to say folks, but nothing will happen...no real investigation, no indictment, nothing. I say this because I followed a similar attempted scam on me related to a vacation rental, got a forged cashiers check "drawn" on the Bank of Omaha, and everything. Spoke to the bank and they said the authorities won't do anything, there are too many cases everyday, they often don't have the authority because scammers may be in a foreign country, etc. The bank told me the FBI just won't take on the case, even though I had a clear email trail and a physical forged cashiers check, but it was fun to see the scammers trying to find the wire transfers that I told them I made to some western union (?) offices in London.

Y'all know what's going on at the southern border....now picture online scam incidents being as common as illegal border crossings. They've got their hands full.

If the scammers are a bit crafty, they'll face no legal repercussions. But most of us honest people like to think that the authorities care, and there is justice to be had. That's the world we're living in these days.

It's important to note that there are often times where the account tied to the check is actually legitimate, but illegitimately gained. I sold a rifle online and had an out of state buyer who agreed to have it sent to an FFL (legitimate FFL that I checked before sending). "Buyer" said he would send a check, which I was okay with assuming the check cleared, at which point I would send the rifle. After the agreed upon terms, he watched the tracking and messaged me that the check should be arriving on that day and that it was for more than the agreed upon amount because he was making more than one purchase. That was the obvious scam line then, so I told him the deal was off and I'd destroy the check, if he had any issues with that he could contact my state AG. When I got the check it looked legitimate, but from a business that was from a completely different state than any of our conversations. I called the business and explained what happened and the poor lady on the other end was just so frustrated. For the past two years, this smaller family owned company has been dealing with the consequences of a bank not verifying information before allowing a user to change a mailing address. Someone swiped a statement out of their mailbox, called the bank, changed a mailing address and had a bunch of checks mailed to themselves. These checks had been used for fraudulent means from Montana to Texas to California and all along the east coast of the US. It was sad to hear the trouble that they had to go through on the business/personal level, dealing with COVID and then all of this, through no fault of their own. So, if it seems odd, please take some time to verify funds beyond just taking it to the bank to cash. I probably could have cashed this check and this unrelated family would have been on the hook for the scammer.

It is a "phony check" associated to someone's real information that this person has hacked & would benefit from if I chose to cash the check. Gotta think outside the box, people who are apart of crime syndicates go to extreme lengths to achieve their goal of defrauding the system. It is less about the info on the check or where it came from & more about having access to those accounts digitally.

Those of us who are not criminally inclined have a hard time understanding the "operating procedure" because we don't think or come up with ways of screwing people or the system!
The scam usually works like this…."as a show of good faith I'll send you a check for more than what you're sending me to secure this deal, then you just send me the $1400 we agreed upon, so you stand no risk to lose any money…" then buyer sends funds for product that likely doesn't exist, their check is cashed quickly and then the bank notifies buyer that the $14,000 check you deposited was bogus…

Hmmm, based on my conversation with a local detective…what I'm telling you is directly relayed from Law Enforcement that investigates & pursues "Mail Fraud" violators! 😉
And cashing a known bad check is a crime of Utterance.
Felony here by dollar amount.

I had the same experience as a seller of a 70K RV. Once the listing went up I had several people wanting to buy it sight unseen. They wanted to send a cashier's check or bank check for the full amount and told me once the funds were deposited they would send their agent out to pick it up. I knew it was a scam, but wasn't quite sure how it worked. I guess I learned a bit from your posting. Thank you!

Geeze.......all this makes my head hurt. Thanks to all the LRH members for letting us know how this works. Seems like our society is getting more corrupt every day and losing our moral compass. I can remember growing up on a farm in central Missouri in the 50's and 60's where we never locked our door when we were gone or at night. Not even sure there was a lock on the door. Never had an issue that I can recall. Now things have changed to where we have security cameras at various locations on our property. My wife and I both sleep with pistols near our bed.

Through the years, I have seen a few of these attempts, self and friends/family, and they are all scams. Here is just a quick Google search on how this works (Already discussed by some)-

Check overpayment scam

In a check overpayment scam, the scammer will pay the victim for goods or services (often in response to an online or classified advertisement, though there are a number of other premises for check overpayment scams) with a fraudulent check of an amount in excess of the intended amount. In some cases, the scammer will claim that the difference between the intended amount and the amount on the check is due to customs or other import fees, or shipping fees. The fake check can present either as a personal or cashier's check. The scammer then requests that the victim pay them the excess between the intended amount and the amount on the check. After the victim does so, they discover that the scammer's check was fraudulent, losing their money. In addition, if the check was sent in response to an online or classified advertisement and the victim has already sent or delivered the item being sold to the scammer, the victim loses their item as well.

The check variant of the overpayment scams, as well as other confidence tricks where scammers send the victim an illegitimate check, work in part because of the delay—sometimes days or weeks—between a customer depositing a check at a bank and the check clearing and being verified as legitimate.