Camelman is a SCAMMER

Thanks for the info, so many looser out there, friend shipped a pair of chev. heads, for racing , to a guy in Mississippi ,like Bro jumbo, sent them UPS C.O.D. UPS got the payment and when he got it it was fake. out $1800.00 big ones, have to be so careful these days, Guess I was raised much differently,
Sounds like a road trip to Mississippi is in order. SADDLEUP BOYS!! Been there, done that. Rex Loy of Eurooptic originally had a page on his site outing the "customers who stiffed me". He listed names, addys, contacts.....asking anyone to visit them and say Hi. I ordered a Sako TRG22 plus several accessories on my first order to them. It actually arrived at the FFL before the payment went in the mail.....shocked by his trusting nature. Business realities and human nature cured that trusting character flaw in Rex. :) :) :)

Thanks for the info, so many looser out there, friend shipped a pair of chev. heads, for racing , to a guy in Mississippi ,like Bro jumbo, sent them UPS C.O.D. UPS got the payment and when he got it it was fake. out $1800.00 big ones, have to be so careful these days, Guess I was raised much differently,
Most of us were "raised differently" but the internet is just too inviting for those few who lean towards taking advantage of other people…

I guess I'm missing something -- you sent $1400, yet cancelled the check before it cleared...so you paid/lost nothing--- then this guy sends you $14000-- if you cashed it you would then have gained $14000 and someone would have lost it... how does he gain anything or launder anything.

I'm not saying I would cash the check either but why would he chance loosing $14000 if you cashed it and kept it?
Once his check is put in your bank, he has your bank account info. Common scam nowadays.

All I know is that I still have all my $$$ & the SCAMMER has the long arm of the law looking for em'! Appreciate all the colorful banter, makes for a good read! Checks are not antiquated, they are "secured" funds & work fine when dealing with upstanding businesses & or private parties. The check has been handed over to law enforcement…we don't have a Bank of America branch in Idaho…ATM (1, downtown Boise). Wouldn't consider depositing the check, don't need the $$$…41 & Semi/Retired, Life is Good…God is Better😎🤙
Once you're doing electronic banking and you're out of the dark ages then you will appreciate the feedback. 👍 The US can be very resistant to change, surprisingly so given how you're a technological leader.

Once his check is put in your bank, he has your bank account info. Common scam nowadays.
Giving you my account number is meaningless, it doesn't provide you with any access to the funds in there. If they steal your identity then having the account number 'might' enable these crooks to go into a bank with fake ID and try to access the funds. Identity theft isn't too nice....
I learned the hard way when they racked up debts of $100k in my name, took a year to fix it

You are right. I was thinking of something else. Mea culpa. What they want you to do is deposit their check and send them the rest over what they owe you. You do so and then find their check has bounced and you are out everything!

You are right. I was thinking of something else. Mea culpa. What they want you to do is deposit their check and send them the rest over what they owe you. You do so and then find their check has bounced and you are out everything!
Exactly! Unfortunately, a lot of people think that if the bank took the check and they haven't heard anything for a couple of days, that the check is good, but it can take 10 days for the bank to notify you that the check bounced and by then it's too late.

Don't even want to deal with it, that type of nefarious activity is not worth my time. Just assume let that dog lay, done my part & movin' on!
I'm with you on that! Just being curious. Trying to get a response from others on this forum that perhaps know a banker or would have an Avenue to take to take to help police these *** scammers. All the best buddy!

Sounds like a road trip to Mississippi is in order. SADDLEUP BOYS!! Been there, done that. Rex Loy of Eurooptic originally had a page on his site outing the "customers who stiffed me". He listed names, addys, contacts.....asking anyone to visit them and say Hi. I ordered a Sako TRG22 plus several accessories on my first order to them. It actually arrived at the FFL before the payment went in the mail.....shocked by his trusting nature. Business realities and human nature cured that trusting character flaw in Rex. :) :) :)
I'm in Mississippi. Give me the info. I'd take pleasure in visiting the guy. A good eye to eye understanding is what he needs.