Camelman is a SCAMMER

Hello Fellow LRHF Members;

2 weeks ago I was in search of a Nightforce NX8 1-8x24 MOA Scope, I had multiple offers & chose Camelman's offer. Very nice, LNIB rendition of what I was looking for, he needed the $$$ for back surgery & I wanted a new optic for an AR/Safari Caliber platform. Fast Forward to Sunday the 24th, when it donned on me that this guy's story wasn't adding up. He needed $$$ for back surgery, then he had a loss of family member, followed by having a friend of his in a state (North Carolina) that doesn't border his own (Ohio)….send me a check for a refund on my Certified Cashier's Check that I CANCELED & the funds never cleared my account..,..nothing gained, nothing lost! However, I received a check in the mail today in FULL from an address in SAN DIEGO. The check has been handed over to local law enforcement & these guys are now on the RADAR! Karma always comes full circle on these loser's, just know that I'm going to do my part to see to it that is exactly what these clown's deserve!

Attached are picture of the whole deal (minus the return check, can not show for due to the investigation). Will release that on this thread once I have permission.
The other serious issue is fakes, for optics this problem is rife. Small and expensive it reminds us of the old scam "wanna a cheap Rolex anyone?"

That's a huge Scam these days.. I sold a couch hold a couch on craigslist For $400. Guys sent me a check for $2000 told me to deposit the check and when it clears he would send a driver to pick up the couch ouch. I asked him what The extra money was for and he said oh give the extra to the driver and keep 500 extra for you for the trouble.. I laughed at him tore the check up took a picture of it and sent it back to him. The bank told me if you have plenty of money in your account they will go ahead and credit it and then a week or 2 weeks later the check will turn out to be no good and you are out the money.. That's why I prefer face-to-face transactions

Hello Fellow LRHF Members;

2 weeks ago I was in search of a Nightforce NX8 1-8x24 MOA Scope, I had multiple offers & chose Camelman's offer. Very nice, LNIB rendition of what I was looking for, he needed the $$$ for back surgery & I wanted a new optic for an AR/Safari Caliber platform. Fast Forward to Sunday the 24th, when it donned on me that this guy's story wasn't adding up. He needed $$$ for back surgery, then he had a loss of family member, followed by having a friend of his in a state (North Carolina) that doesn't border his own (Ohio)….send me a check for a refund on my Certified Cashier's Check that I CANCELED & the funds never cleared my account..,..nothing gained, nothing lost! However, I received a check in the mail today in FULL from an address in SAN DIEGO. The check has been handed over to local law enforcement & these guys are now on the RADAR! Karma always comes full circle on these loser's, just know that I'm going to do my part to see to it that is exactly what these clown's deserve!

Attached are picture of the whole deal (minus the return check, can not show for due to the investigation). Will release that on this thread once I have permission.
Your other issue is the antiquated banking methods in the USA you've not changed. Cheques literally went with the way of the Dinosaur elsewhere, waiting two weeks for something to clear is an absurdity. If we sell anything on the net the funds are transferred fully cleared into our back account within hours, or less. One guys payment was going into my account while he was on the phone to me. I was buying a lot of car parts from the US over years and the sellers all knew because I wanted a bank account number and I wasn't in the USA that I was certainly a Nigerian scammer LOL. Paying smaller businesses was a total nightmare, finally one guy relented and couldn't believe that his US$ funds turned up instantly. BTW me having just your bank a/c number alone doesn't mean that I have any access to your monies, to even think that in naïve as I need access and passwords etc!
Now I have a bridge to sell you...

All I know is that I still have all my $$$ & the SCAMMER has the long arm of the law looking for em'! Appreciate all the colorful banter, makes for a good read! Checks are not antiquated, they are "secured" funds & work fine when dealing with upstanding businesses & or private parties. The check has been handed over to law enforcement…we don't have a Bank of America branch in Idaho…ATM (1, downtown Boise). Wouldn't consider depositing the check, don't need the $$$…41 & Semi/Retired, Life is Good…God is Better😎🤙

How did you know to cancel payment on your check? How long do you have to cancel payment? Sounds like you did it after about a week and a half?
Can't imagine anyone cashing or depositing a check for more than asking price or one they don't know what it is for. Honest people don't just send money to anyone that they don't know for no reason...

Check was delivered on a Friday, I cancelled two days later on Sunday…clarified with bank that the funds had not been deposited or in the pipeline to clear my account & CANCELLED the check…THANK GOD FOR THE WEEKEND!!!!

Last edited:

Attachments

• F3D1C8C1-981E-4B04-ACEB-5E69A0E4CEA4.jpeg
    F3D1C8C1-981E-4B04-ACEB-5E69A0E4CEA4.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 61
I once had someone send me a check from a Wells Fargo account a, In South Dakota, it was a legit check, and so where all the others in the check book, and I'm not talking a personal check book, but a check book from the bank, pages and pages.
But something didn't feel right about it. even though my banks was going to cash it, I told them to hold it until it cleared, 5 days later the bank called me, I went to the bank and they told me this whole book of checks was stole from Wells Fargo a week before.

So I just tell people if you send me a check I'm not shipping until it clears.