Camelman is a SCAMMER

Its simular to your long lost cousin the 'prince' needing to send you cash so he can make sure all his money isn't taken by banker criminals in his country.....
When you cash the check..he then sues for 'his money' to be returned....bank statement shows you cashed it....you will owe him......
I've received fraudulent like that for deposits on properties that the person didnt own.......checks like that can be taken to the bank and numbers ran to see if it's real or not....but even if the account is real it is most likely a 'shell acct'....and closed fast

The ones I've seen send you a check and have you deposit it-- then ask you to send the "extra" back to them before the check clears-- then the check bounces.

Never heard of just sending you a check to cash woth no strings attached. I'd like to hear more info as I like to try to stay 1 step in front of these guys in knowledge

This deal was fair market value, I should have asked for the screen name & date with the pictures. Also, guy had no prior buying or selling history. Fortunately, I thought to cancel the check…otherwise, I'd be extremely heated/****ed off!

PayPal/Venmo offer protection against wire transfer fraud. When filling out the request/pay portion of the process. Click on the Little Gift Icon and select your desired option from there. You can guard against fraud by doing this ( direct info from 2 different CS Rep's for Venmo).

Stay Savage & Godspeed

My head is spinning.

My bank would place a hold on the check & the $14K would be in limbo for a week or so. If the check cashed the recipient would be on the hook for $14K. The check had a hologram attached indicating it was not a duped or copied check. A check having a holgram could be a stopped pay check or insufficient fund check or check with closed account.

$14K vs $1.4K big difference - best explanation is $12.6K payment requested to be sent back for some error - like "I only intended to send $1,400 but my pain pills got me confused & uncle Fred passed & Mr. Kim thought I said $14K. Check has hologram attached - thin layers of foil that cannot be duped - looked like real.

I did not see date & members name on photo. Mr. Muddyboot's acute powers of observation turned up same item - AA66470A - on another site. Worth at least 100 "likes". I could only give one.

These bad guys have insatiable greed and aggression.

If I go to cash it, he will get money that he has scammed from other entities….I'm not a SCAMMER, not up to par on how these transaction work but someone is getting PAID.
Thanks for sharing this, I can't understand the waste of energy some people go through trying to avoid work. It probably wasn't " L N I B " anyway.....

Hello Fellow LRHF Members;

2 weeks ago I was in search of a Nightforce NX8 1-8x24 MOA Scope, I had multiple offers & chose Camelman's offer. Very nice, LNIB rendition of what I was looking for, he needed the $$$ for back surgery & I wanted a new optic for an AR/Safari Caliber platform. Fast Forward to Sunday the 24th, when it donned on me that this guy's story wasn't adding up. He needed $$$ for back surgery, then he had a loss of family member, followed by having a friend of his in a state (North Carolina) that doesn't border his own (Ohio)….send me a check for a refund on my Certified Cashier's Check that I CANCELED & the funds never cleared my account..,..nothing gained, nothing lost! However, I received a check in the mail today in FULL from an address in SAN DIEGO. The check has been handed over to local law enforcement & these guys are now on the RADAR! Karma always comes full circle on these loser's, just know that I'm going to do my part to see to it that is exactly what these clown's deserve!

Attached are picture of the whole deal (minus the return check, can not show for due to the investigation). Will release that on this thread once I have permission.

Just something for the members of the forum to keep in mind and to be mindful of!!!!! I do quite a bit of online buying and selling, mostly used items. Please keep in mind that MOST scammers who are selling/or buying have a "story"!!! They want to appeal to your/our compassion and to your sympathy. If someone is buying or selling and they come out with a story, usually to make it too good to be true, to get you to make a purchase, don't do it.

Its simular to your long lost cousin the 'prince' needing to send you cash so he can make sure all his money isn't taken by banker criminals in his country.....
When you cash the check..he then sues for 'his money' to be returned....bank statement shows you cashed it....you will owe him......
I've received fraudulent like that for deposits on properties that the person didnt own.......checks like that can be taken to the bank and numbers ran to see if it's real or not....but even if the account is real it is most likely a 'shell acct'....and closed fast
Glad you didn't get scammed. First thing I noted that he wasn't a well know member. First red flag for me.

A very typical scam that happens on Craigslist is you post, shortly after a buyer says "sold I will take it" I will send you a check because I am out of town, or just moved, or I am in the military. I will have a friend come get the car or whatever. They send you a check for you to cash. But they send you more money than you were asking. The guy in my case said cash it, send me the extra money "over the asking price" send it back to me so I can pay the transport to pick up the car. Basically they try to get you to cash a bad "fake" check that looks super real and you send them the extra money. I have had this happen several times when I posted on CL.