Bullets With Grooves

The Partition jackets are made on CNC screw machines? Do you know the cycle time to do this? Based on the volume of Partitions produced there must be a place to shorten our cycle time.

When I toured the plant they were smacking them with a series of longer and longer dies until there was a tube with a "plug" in the middle. How's that for good bullet technical jargon?

Steve, I'm not going to parse this thread to check to see if anyone offered this already, but parabolic drag is a term often used in scientific areas like aerodynamics and hence Aerospace Engineering. You might enjoy reading about how the parabolic drag model was found to be inadequate by such folks when trying to break the sound barrier.

Thank you sir. I started another thread trying to figure out what parabolic drag is. There I got answers like yours. It is related to airplanes and the drag resulting from the lift of the wing. At least that is the best that I can summarize it.

I tried some Barns all copper bullet over 20 year ago. Two things I am believer in is: Accuracies, and velocity. They are my friends. I couldn't get them to group under 1", and the velocity was down by several hundred fps. There was several steps in setting up to reload at that time for me. My groups had to be about 1/2" or under @ 100yds. In all the rifles I have reloaded for I achieved that. I change primers, powder, bullets, but finally moved to Nosler ballistic tips at the time in my rifles. I've been doing a lot of reading on Hammer bullets, I got box of them. Looked them over very hard. I like what I see in how they built them. The other is I didn't have a rifle that had the twist in the barrel to handle them. I do now, and will begin here shortly to work up loads using Hammer bullets. I wouldn't kick them until you have used them with the proper equipment to read them going down range. In the years time in getting the rifle built, it has taken me that much time to acquire the components to develop the loads for the rifle. I am still short on or don't have H1000 or Varget powders. I use very little other powders other than the H powders. I hunt in weather from -20 and even below that, to 110+ degree. So I don't use powder that can't handle the temperature changes. With all the reading I have done on Hammer bullets, I feel they have come up with bullet that will be hard beat for a very long time. Adding to this, and kind of stated above. In looking at the Hammer bullet I can see there bullet will be lot easier to push down the tube. without even used them yet. As Hammer explains about. The Barns bullets long time ago were very hard to push down the barrel, and felt at that time because they wouldn't conform to the barrel they were being pushed down. Hammer I feel has changed all that.

There have been vast improvements since your experience 20 years ago.

Obviously there are several very good mono's available today…..most of which were developed within the past 20 years. I hope that we all don't base our life decisions based upon 20 year old technology! 😉 memtb

Asking me if am smoking something is, insinuating I am high, is not a personal attack?
This time I will not respond even when I am quoted...
y'all enjoy your sunday
spit-water-spit.gif

Straight question, since you like those. Are rifles and bullets the only payments you get to promote your master's product or do you receive cash? People want to know!
And because your answer will not longer be relevant, join your master!
I notice you still respond when quoted even after declaring you won't. I've enjoyed good dialogue with you and many others on this forum but don't really see what you're trying to accomplish with these kind of posts. Just food for thought. And the whole "master" thing is just weird man…

It was simply amazing when we wrote our patent and had to dig through prior art. Much of the patents were written 150 years ago. The things that were thought of and patented was unbelievable. You have to find as much art from other patents that is as close to your submitted design as possible. We were certainly not the first drive band design, we were the first drive band design based on a radius.

Funny, in your attachments is one from Berger. That was an April fool's joke by Litz.
I believe from my perspective the whole issue on groves, is there an effect on BC? I this is reflective and incorporated int the BC then from my reloading data will this have an effect on my reloading practices. I am thinking not.

I notice you still respond when quoted even after declaring you won't. I've enjoyed good dialogue with you and many others on this forum but don't really see what you're trying to accomplish with these kind of posts. Just food for thought. And the whole "master" thing is just weird man…

I agree with you. His problem here is solved; at least for me. I put him on "ignore".

Juvenile stuff going on here...and a lack of personal reflection. I'm watching. And trying not to say everything I think. But I'm also learning things that I can benefit from. That's why I'm here. Maybe this bullets with grooves thread has gotten a little groovy 🤔

As in racing…..perhaps "out of the groove"! 😁 memtb

I have been working up a load with the 214 gr Hammer hunters in my 300 PRC, I have shot it consistently at a 12inch plate at 1000 yards and my 100 yard 5 shot groups normally have 5 holes all touching and overlapping. This weekend I did some crop damage hunting of whitetail; it performed great. My only criticism, and it isn't much of one, is that the estimated BC on the 214 gr was .322 for G7 and from my shot drops and a muzzle velocity of 2855 fps I got .290 for G7 in order to get my Kestrel calculation to line up everywhere. For trying to hit the 1 mile target for fun, the hammer is lacking in BC, for hunting at any responsible distance, I think it's great. Definitely, overkill on a whitetail. The shot I took (wouldn't do if it wasn't just pest control) was almost straight on at about 100 yards, bullet went in on the right side of the front chest and exited behind the left leg. Great wound channel, a few small copper petal fragments as designed. I doubt I will change hunting bullets anytime soon. I am going to try some Flatlines for ELR target shooting. This is simply my experience thus far, if it is useful information to some of you guys, all the better.

Attachments

• 20220612_153505 (1).jpg
    20220612_153505 (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37