Best powder for reduced loads 9,3x74R?

Best powder for reduced loads is H4895, no other powder can SAFELY be reduced to 60% of max and work.
One word of caution, H4350 is one of the worst powders to reduce, even going under start loads is thwart with DANGER and has resulted in blown up guns!

Cheers.

I agree. I am only planning to use the H4350 on full loads.

Can't find the H4895 or IMR4895, but still looking.
If that's the case, use Trail Boss.
I have extended experience loading my big bores (500"+) with reduced loads, but these use foam stuffers and fast pistol powder, without extensive knowledge and guidance using a formula to develop these loads and adding ALL the weights together, it can result in bad juju. Bulged barrels is a real possibility…
Another powder you could try, but not for lead cast, is Varget, it should be less recoil than H4350 with jacketed pills.

Cheers.

I do have trail Boss. Help me, I am new at this. As I understand, using trail Boss and Large Rifle Primers.
1. *Fill the case up with powder until the bullet would otherwise seat.
*Weigh the powder, lets see I would have 50gr
*Take 60% of the powder, I have 30gr of powder
*Fill the case. Now do I add filler? Or is it ok at 30gr?

2. Or I find the maximum load from a table and take 60% of that?

I would follow the directions for using Trail Boss in manufacturers literature. I have a 45-120 and finding smokeless loads was extremely hard, but these days there is ample info. Personally, I've never played with Trail Boss. My big bores are nearly all rimmed straight wall cartridges which behave differently to bottlenecked cases.

Cheers.

You don't need fillers with Trail Boss, it's a very bulky powder. I'm curious why you are looking for a reduced load, the 9,3x74R is a pretty mild in the recoil department.

Before I shot the 9,3x74R the recoil tables were showing about twice as much recoil as a 30 06. But having shot one, I was pleased to be ok with it. A good recoil pad really helps.

But even so it is too much for my wife to shoot. So I am looking at reduced loads for her.

BTW what is the difference IMR vs H4895? A friend has IMR4895.

He gave me about 1/2 pound of Trail Boss. Says:
When using Trail Boss powder only, you mark the case on the outside where the base of your bullet is located inside the case. Then you fill the case to this line using Trail Boss powder ONLY. Weigh the powder you put into the case, and this is your maximum charge load.

Then take 70% of the max charge and this is your starting load using Trail Boss.

So, if you fill the case to the line with Trail Boss and the charge weighs in at 20 grains, your starting load with Trail Boss powder will be 14 grains of Trail Boss. You should never compress the powder when using Trail Boss powder (i.e., never load more than the max charge of powder)

Here is a link with more comments on using Trail Boss powder: https://forum.castbulletassoc.org/thread/6878-trail-boss-again/

For all other powders except Trail Boss, you must look up load data from a reloading manual or the powder manufacturer's website for the type of bullet, weight of bullet, type of powder & primer, and then use the Starting Load charge that is listed in the reloading data for that combination of components.