Budget Scope Advice

My key dislike with the Weavers is that the zoom ring needs a wrench to be rotated. Every Weaver scope I have had has been the same in that respect.

The Nikon Pro Staff are also made in the Philippines, theres alot of top name scopes that are also made there, they seem to make a good scope for cheaper price...

I own Burris and I own Redfield scopes. My Burris scopes (several) are on my centerfire rifles and the Redfield scope is on my Ruger 10/22 where it belongs.

The OP mentioned a budget of less than $400, he should look at Mueller scopes. For the money I've been impressed with mine. He also mentioned Marlin rifles as a possibility. Savages are in the same price range and are known shooters out of the box. The accutrigger is nice too.

SWFA Riflescopes Mueller Riflescopes

Burris with the Ballisti-plex scope is probably the best lower priced scopes I have used and still use with these older eyes. My nikons won't 'clear up' for my older eyes but the Burris's do. My son has the 3x9 on his 25-06 and the reticule dots/points work out perfectly for hitting milk jugs out to 600 with 117gn handloads. My CVA 50 cal MZ has the 4.5x14 on it and it work out perfectly to 250. As far as rings or bases if replacing get a set of Talley's and be done.

Solid scopes and solid bases. Look no further. I raised five kids too.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.