Budget scope : /

I am, by far, not knowledgeable enough to say what you should get as I haven't used hardly ANY of the options listed, but I am very happy with my vortex scopes. have a 3x9x40. and have used a few others. the glass is clear, weight is doable, warranty is transferable/no questions asked, and made in USA. Price is right if you search around a bit. 3x9x40 diamondback (BDC reticle SFP) has held up to my 300wm for a couple of seasons now. and can be had on amazon for about 150 bucks.

I, too am in the market for a scope similar to what you have in mind, but with a bit more distance, and for my 6mm. I am looking at a vortex at the moment, so I would be curious how you folks compare the vortex diamondback line to the other options that have been listed.

Vortex is made on the pacific rim. The Diamondback is made in the Philippines and have glass comparable to Nikon Prostaff and the older Buckmasters.
The Viper line is made in the same country, and as I understand it's with Japanese glass. Then the Razor line is all Japanese... The Crossfire line is Chinese.

I purchased the 4-14x44 mil-mil midway scope afterall. It was extremely clear and it felt well built. Reticle was really nice and the turrets were great. Got it sighted in after 3 shots at 100 and it held great.

Fast forward after 1 day of hunting/being on the atv and there are chips of what looks like paint in the eyepiece on the INSIDE of the scope. It looks like it is dirty, but it's on the inside. Beautiful product, amazingly clear, but I'm going to have to try to send it back and I'm back in the market again, lol.

I think I'm going to borrow one of the guns I grew up using from my old man and use that the remainder of the season. In the meantime I'm going to keep looking...my 270 weatherby is very near and dear to me....going from that to a 6mm I haven't used in 20 years is going to be hard.

I purchased the 4-14x44 mil-mil midway scope afterall. It was extremely clear and it felt well built. Reticle was really nice and the turrets were great. Got it sighted in after 3 shots at 100 and it held great.

Fast forward after 1 day of hunting/being on the atv and there are chips of what looks like paint in the eyepiece on the INSIDE of the scope. It looks like it is dirty, but it's on the inside. Beautiful product, amazingly clear, but I'm going to have to try to send it back and I'm back in the market again, lol.

I think I'm going to borrow one of the guns I grew up using from my old man and use that the remainder of the season. In the meantime I'm going to keep looking...my 270 weatherby is very near and dear to me....going from that to a 6mm I haven't used in 20 years is going to be hard.
Just contact BSA thru Email. They will get it fixed for you... I had the same thing happen to a Vortex PST. I'm not sure what it was, wether it's part of the seals that break away or what... But I emailed BSA on the recoil rating of that particular scope. They were quick to reply that it would be ok on a 50 cal. if it gives me any trouble they will fix it free of charge no questions asked..

Just contact BSA thru Email. They will get it fixed for you... I had the same thing happen to a Vortex PST. I'm not sure what it was, wether it's part of the seals that break away or what... But I emailed BSA on the recoil rating of that particular scope. They were quick to reply that it would be ok on a 50 cal. if it gives me any trouble they will fix it free of charge no questions asked..

I didn't think to contact them. Did they get it fixed for you pretty quickly? Thank you for replying. I was seriously impressed with it until it had that stuff show up.

I didn't think to contact them. Did they get it fixed for you pretty quickly? Thank you for replying. I was seriously impressed with it until it had that stuff show up.

Just to be clear, Vortex is the one I had the same problem with. They fixed it very fast...
But BSA will probably help you as quickly as possible... They were quick to reply, and are eager to help... Give them a call first, then Email, you will probably be pleasantly surprised..

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.