Budget Scope Selection

I have the 14 power side focus Buckmaster and love it for what it's for. It only has 50 MOA of adjustment so I use a 20 MOA base and Burris Zee rings and got to where most of my adjustment is free...
I will say it has nothing on my Primar Arms 4-14 ACSS HUDD. The Primary Arms is just as clear and it's 30 mm tube, front focal plane with 30 Mils of adjustment and a sweet Reticle. So it quickly passes my Buckmaster in performance...

I dont own a primary arms, but when i researched them a while back i believe you can also get it with matching reticle & turrets? Mil/Mil?

I'm gonna have to take a closer look at primary arms scopes. I need somethin for my AR. Has anyone had an customer service experience?

I bought one of the Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP Mil/Mil scopes just to try it out on my RRA AR-15. It really has some decent glass in it for the price. It tracks OK,but the turrets do feel pretty soft when turned. So far,it has been a good scope for what I'm using it for.
Primary Arms CS is pretty good from what I've heard,and they usually back their products up.
Their scopes are made in China,under Primary Arms description.

How fat is the reticle at 14x?

I like my wallet fat...... I like my women and my reticles thin. :)

I was planning to purchase another SWFA soon, but this post almost makes me want to give one of these a try.

Can anybody comment on the PA scope's ruggedness? Hunting rifles get knocked over sometimes, ride around on an ATV rack, etc...

I was planning to purchase another SWFA soon, but this post almost makes me want to give one of these a try.

Can anybody comment on the PA scope's ruggedness? Hunting rifles get knocked over sometimes, ride around on an ATV rack, etc...

Mine is the ACSS HUDD reticle, and it has a lot going on. I can't describe, so I would google it.
They are heavy scopes I would think they would hold up well...

Mine is the ACSS HUDD reticle, and it has a lot going on. I can't describe, so I would google it.
They are heavy scopes I would think they would hold up well...

Thanks gohring3006. Funny you say that, Google'ing the scope / reticle is why I posted the question. It looked fairly thick to me. Which isnt abnormal for a FFP scope. Thanks. :)

Thanks gohring3006. Funny you say that, Google'ing the scope / reticle is why I posted the question. It looked fairly thick to me. Which isnt abnormal for a FFP scope. Thanks. :)

I dial for range so the red top post is held kinda under the bullet impact target. So I have no problem at all hitting a MOA plate at 1000, but that's as far as I have taken it..
The scope is my favorite right now. It's on my 300 Weatherby and holds up fine, I have it braked of course. But some brakes can be hard scopes as well. You can get a plain old Mildot too... I might get one of those for my 300 Weatherby and put the other on my 30-06, just because it would closely match the reticles ballistic profile which is intended for 308... I still range steel the reticle and it's pretty accurate for on the fly shooting...

I'd imagine that horseshoe gets pretty big at 14x.... its also probably small on low power. I'm kind of torn for a coyote gun.

I've had my AR in my gun rack on my atv while we were rounding up cattle,and I was bouncing it across the pastures pretty hard for several hours. I haven't had any problems so far with the scope. It seems pretty tough for what it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.