Budget Scope

94Winchester

I am right now looking for a good tactical scope below $400 and am wondering what would you recommend. I also have a few questions. Should I look for a fixed power or a variable? Are there significant advantages to an illuminated reticle to a non-illuminated one? And can you range find with a MOA reticle like a Mil Dot?

2 recommendations for you. Both are very good buys with lifetime warranties. I have both and like them very much. I like the second one best for really long range stuff, but you couldn't go wrong with either.

1)Millett TRS-1 Illuminated reticle $287

MILLETT BK81001 4-16x50 TRS-1 TAC ILLUM MD RIFLE SCOPE - eBay (item 220575438144 end time Aug-17-10 09:33:44 PDT)

2) Millett 6-25x56 $189.95 (marked waaaaaaay down)

Millett Buck Gold 6-25x56 Side Focus 30mm Tube Fine Crosshair Reticle - Natchez Shooters Supplies

i bought a bsa 6-24 x 50 ir mil-dot for 100 bucks, put it on my custom 308, zeroed it at 100 yds and it shoots moa at 100 yard intervals out to 1000 yds.

2 recommendations for you. Both are very good buys with lifetime warranties. I have both and like them very much. I like the second one best for really long range stuff, but you couldn't go wrong with either.

1)Millett TRS-1 Illuminated reticle $287

MILLETT BK81001 4-16x50 TRS-1 TAC ILLUM MD RIFLE SCOPE - eBay (item 220575438144 end time Aug-17-10 09:33:44 PDT)

2) Millett 6-25x56 $189.95 (marked waaaaaaay down)

Millett Buck Gold 6-25x56 Side Focus 30mm Tube Fine Crosshair Reticle - Natchez Shooters Supplies

How does the Millet trs1 compare to the WOTAC or to the Falcon Menace?

The WOtac is an excellent choice! Good glass, turrets are excellent! The reticule is the finest feature in my book, at about 9x you have 2MOA between hash marks then at 10X you have .5 MILL between marks. It is more usable for hold overs or holding wind than a mill dot and I have used it to range but I don't like too, it is fine and can be used for precision shooting but it's heavy enough to see well. It's a tank of a scope, Matts warranty is the best, yes I have used it but I have used several other manufactures warranties too.

If your looking for a mid range tac scope for ranging the fixed 10 power MILL/MILL would be awesome!

Here's my rig with a WOTAC mounted up with some pics. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/finished-my-savage-finally-58633/

So you guys think the Mueller scope can handle the recoil of a .50 or .338lm?

Looking for a temp scope to put on the savage 110BA. I am looking for tactical turrets with variable zoom.

I have heard good things about Mueller, but someone told me that they werent magnum approved. Guessing that means not for large calibers.

I have also heard good things about Falcon scopes, but they are hard to find it seems like. They are supposedly approved for the 338LM.

Any advice would be appreciated.

So you guys think the Mueller scope can handle the recoil of a .50 or .338lm?

Looking for a temp scope to put on the savage 110BA. I am looking for tactical turrets with variable zoom.

I have heard good things about Mueller, but someone told me that they werent magnum approved. Guessing that means not for large calibers.

I have also heard good things about Falcon scopes, but they are hard to find it seems like. They are supposedly approved for the 338LM.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Check out the Millett tactical's. I had one for a starter scope and they are built like tanks with pretty decent glass.

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
RiP

I have a Falcon Optics 4-14x44 FFP Mildot scope. It's a good scope, solidly built, and the guys stand behind their product. I lost a screw (me being clumsy) and i emailed them about it, a week later i had 2 sets of 6 extra screws and new turrets! free of charge.

I am willing to sell it as i have a sightron on my .308 and want a higher magnification scope for my 300 wby imp.

Glass is good (have shot and done well in numerous 1000yard f-class matches with it) and it tracks perfectly.

PM me if interested.

Oliver

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.