biden planning to ban private gun sales

Yea. In my state, and everywhere else now, illegals either have no license or have fake ones, no insurance and drive everywhere they wish. Often, they have accidents, some fatal, some involving alcohol and/or drugs.

Driving and auto is a "privilege", but the 2A is a Constitutional "right". Many people often miss the distinct difference.

I remember prior to the GCA of 68 when we could buy firearms from the local hardware and other stores, and even order via mail/phone and have them delivered to our country mailbox. No background checks, nada. Many of the local schools had actual onsite shooting teams, smallbore and skeet/trap, and during the fall/winter, most of the vehicles in the lots had firearms in them waiting for hunting after school. Most everyone carried a pocket knife, and there were never any stabbings or shootings. Thus, it is my opinion, the tools readily available were and are not the real issue, and focusing on restricting the rights of the masses is not the answer to a growing problem of declining societal mores.
I shot in a 22lr competition for fun at the local gun range. The gentleman next to me was using a really neat single-shot Mossberg with diopter sights. The barrel was stamped New York public schools. I couldn't believe it. He said some NY public schools used to have shooting ranges in the basements.

Last edited:
Yea. In my state, and everywhere else now, illegals either have no license or have fake ones, no insurance and drive everywhere they wish. Often, they have accidents, some fatal, some involving alcohol and/or drugs.

Driving and auto is a "privilege", but the 2A is a Constitutional "right". Many people often miss the distinct difference.

I remember prior to the GCA of 68 when we could buy firearms from the local hardware and other stores, and even order via mail/phone and have them delivered to our country mailbox. No background checks, nada. Many of the local schools had actual onsite shooting teams, smallbore and skeet/trap, and during the fall/winter, most of the vehicles in the lots had firearms in them waiting for hunting after school. Most everyone carried a pocket knife, and there were never any stabbings or shootings. Thus, it is my opinion, the tools readily available were and are not the real issue, and focusing on restricting the rights of the masses is not the answer to a growing problem of declining societal mores.
Few comments have been more succinct and well stated as your last paragraph.

Unpopular opinion but I have no problem with background checks. We have too many idiots, criminals, wackos, etc in the US. I don't want them buying or owning guns. Enforcement is a separate and larger issue.

However clickbait BS and fear mongering does nothing to benefit gun owners. We are better than that.

The background checks would be more understandable if they were a) more effective in weeding out the folks you mention, and b) happened a bit less frequently.

For example, I already passed extensive background checks to get my CCW. And to get me government regulated license (career stuff). And for an NFA item. Not to mention for all my prior firearm purchases. So now I need another one if I decide to buy a .22 trainer tomorrow?