Biden $200 gun tax?

Chopaka81

1st, for the moderators, if this is an inappropriate subject, please delete it.

I have been reading about Bidens proposed $200/gun or high cap magazine tax.
Which firearms will affected?
It appears semiautomatic assault rifles only.
What about semiautomatic pistols?
Will unbuilt stripped AR15 lowers?
Lots of questions.

Thanks,

I just wish WE could/would stand up to all this BS. But unlike most of the ones we see throwing fits and causing outrage, we have jobs, and families that we have to take care of and support. So therefore, we are being taken advantage of on both ends of the spectrum, we bust our asses to make money for the lifestyle and toys we want AND so the government can distribute the rest of what we make to the same people that want to strip our rights away.

Maybe they should try their gun control plan in an urban area where there is a lot of gun violence and see how that works. Its like these people think the individuals being violent with firearms are going to register their guns. Let's punish the law abiding people because a criminal is committing murder or robbery. Makes perfect sense.

On a serious note, his website claims he intends to suggest/push/ tell them to pass legislation in Congress so that "assault weapons" and high cap mags (high is yet to be defined) will fall under the current NFA registry.

This would entail a one time 200$ tax stamp per item, theoretically. That is how it currently works for suppressors, SBR, fully automatic firearms.

none of this is actually defined yet, as it's all just vague campaign promises. Even he seems to know that this needs to go through Congress and can't be done buy executive order. Until it happens, or even a bill is proposed it does not exist so we can't know actual details

Last edited by a moderator:
1604889140098.png

I am curious about what is going on at the NRA. Ever since the AG in NY got after them silence. The couple in MO that waved their guns at the protestors that smashed down the gate to a gated community that got arrested. The NRA should have been on that like stink. Not a WORD. Damage control? Exposed? I want answers. I am a life member and contribute often.

language
l read today that the first ''anti gun'' legislation he wants is to repeal the 'liability law' that protects gun makers from being sued if one gets injured/killed by their product. That would kill the Whole GUN lndustry PDQ 🤬 They would likely include ammo/component makers too. lf the Senate stays RED gun owners and makers have a chance.
IF ALL GUN OWNERS had voted for pro gun politicians there wouldn't be enough ANTIS left in Congress for a circle jerk:oops: