biden planning to ban private gun sales

It's the same here in NY, only worse. You need to have a background check every time you buy a box of ammo. And they charge you $9 for every check they make. I don't buy factory ammo, so I haven't personally dealt with this nonsense yet.
What about powder, primers and bullets? Can you order on line?

Not taking sides but, how do you know who is a "law-abiding citizen" without a check?
The law-abiding citizens don't point their guns at me or others. Statistically, the likelihood that any of us will be gunned down by someone is probably less than 1%. We have a greater chance of being in an auto accident than being in a shooting. Criminals are always going to have guns. No amount of background checks, bans, etc. will prevent criminals from getting weapons illegally.

Last edited:
The law-abiding citizens don't point their guns at me or others. Statistically, the likelihood that any of us will be gunned down by someone is probably less than 1%. We have a greater chance of being in an auto accident than being in a shooting. Criminals are always going to have guns. No amount of background checks, bans, etc. will prevent criminals from getting weapons illegally.
There is no perfect solution, and yes, criminals will be able to get weapons illegally no matter what we do. But to say that bc a solution isn't perfect that it is therefore useless makes no sense.

There is no perfect solution, and yes, criminals will be able to get weapons illegally no matter what we do. But to say that bc a solution isn't perfect that it is therefore useless makes no sense.

I agree and here is why:

Reportedly, the number of people stopped from buying guns through the U.S. background check system hit an all-time high of more than 300,000 last year amid a surge of firearm sales, according to new records.

300,000 in a single year! And, presumably, most thugs don't even try to buy from legitimate sources because of the background checks. I don't equate submitting to a background check with giving up my liberty. I've never been denied anything.

;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240201-153941-763.png
    Screenshot_20240201-153941-763.png
    286 KB · Views: 18
I agree and here is why:

Reportedly, the number of people stopped from buying guns through the U.S. background check system hit an all-time high of more than 300,000 last year amid a surge of firearm sales, according to new records.

300,000 in a single year! And, presumably, most thugs don't even try to buy from legitimate sources because of the background checks. I don't equate submitting to a background check with giving up my liberty. I've never been denied anything.

And I am sure that all of those were legitimate and not people who were denied due to clerical errors or other things. And none were duplicated either. And I am positive that the numbers weren't artificially inflated to make the NICS to seem more effective than it actually is. /s

Allowing any infringement on your rights is giving up your liberty, whether you believe it to be true or not. Facts are facts, your feelings don't matter.

I don't disagree with it because it is not perfect. I don't believe in giving up freedoms for criminals. I don't believe I need protection from criminals. There so many other ways to impact crime without taking freedoms from law-abiding citizens. That will never be the solution.

I don't want felons buying guns. It doesn't infringe on my right to pass a background check. It's annoying and that's about it.

When you have a criminal record you can lose some of your rights..2nd A included.

They do.......its automatic 5 years for felon possesing a firearm. Other than the ones resleased from prison already. Youre double-stacking a law that is already not being enforced.

I don't want felons buying guns. It doesn't infringe on my right to pass a background check. It's annoying and that's about it.

When you have a criminal record you can lose some of your rights..2nd A included.
Felons have never been allowed to buy guns. It's more than annoying. You have to ask Daddy for permission to do something that you have a constitutional right to do (bear arms). And you have to pay Daddy for permission. Then you have to wait for Daddy to make his decision. And you have to give Daddy information about yourself that he has no right. Guess what? The felon is going to get his gun anyway. It is all just an illusion of safety. It is amazing to me that people think that the government cares about them. All the facts are to the contrary. You and I are tax slaves. That is it!

Since when do idiots need a drivers license to drive? If that was the case, why would NC have "under insured and not insured insurance riders on my policy"? I bet 15% of the cars on the road in Nash County are driven by people with no license and or insurance. As for plates, they have found a Virginia Temporary plate design that they print out and put on their newly bought used car so they can drive with no license or insurance. Police know about it, but with a democrat governor, there is no penalty for breaking a law... but guns are the real problem. Seems to me it is idiots and the idiots they "supposedly" vote for.
Yea. In my state, and everywhere else now, illegals either have no license or have fake ones, no insurance and drive everywhere they wish. Often, they have accidents, some fatal, some involving alcohol and/or drugs.

Driving and auto is a "privilege", but the 2A is a Constitutional "right". Many people often miss the distinct difference.

I remember prior to the GCA of 68 when we could buy firearms from the local hardware and other stores, and even order via mail/phone and have them delivered to our country mailbox. No background checks, nada. Many of the local schools had actual onsite shooting teams, smallbore and skeet/trap, and during the fall/winter, most of the vehicles in the lots had firearms in them waiting for hunting after school. Most everyone carried a pocket knife, and there were never any stabbings or shootings. Thus, it is my opinion, the tools readily available were and are not the real issue, and focusing on restricting the rights of the masses is not the answer to a growing problem of declining societal mores.

Last edited: