Biden and gun control

I use to tell the wife....you WILL respect my authority......it was a no go in this house!!lol

Got to keep some humor around us because while I would like to think today's LE would hesitate to follow a order....I feel they will not.

Another problem is... I've worked with quite right-leaning people (DoD), who nonetheless made a very left-leaning decision, when facing a risk of publicity.
Basically, people were extremely afraid of the risk of any trace of racism being exposed, and went to great length of getting rid of it, even when verbally they were very far from Politically Correct on a wide range of topics.

Even bold and quite fearless people are scared into making decisions which make them look appealing to investors and the public opinion.

100 people in a room. 30% yell "Yes!" and 70% remain silent. Result - it sounds like "everyone" is yelling "Yes!".
To each of those 70% as well :-(
Then maybe 1 or 2 of the 70 dare to yell "No!" - but get destroyed on the spot by the 30, while 68-69 watch in fear.

Not sure how we could pull out of this catch-22
I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC 28 years ago and just retired a few weeks ago. My oath to the constitution is eternal.

We will never take your guns.

Last edited:
So, I would like to ask the LE vets (and I see there are several in this forum) - where does the average officer stand on the scale from full-compliance with the local legislators, to being fully loyal to the Consitution and 2nd amendment?
I know where I will stand when and if I have to.

To me....what I've been doing on a daily basis (for the last 15 years) is just a job. Nothing more. I use 'discretion' every day to decide what I'm gonna do, what I'm gonna enforce and what I'M NOT GONNA DO/ENFORCE. If/when the day comes when my 'job' comprises my own set of values and freedoms (and that of my FEW friends locally and SEVERAL on this forum) that will be the day I drop my badge in the dirt and WALK right in the direction of where my 'like minded' friends are STANDING. In the event that I need work in a hurry there are plenty of factory jobs around here that won't require me to be less than I am......and I don't care to get dirty. 😎

To me....what I've been doing on a daily basis (for the last 15 years) is just a job. Nothing more. I use 'discretion' every day to decide what I'm gonna do, what I'm gonna enforce and what I'M NOT GONNA DO/ENFORCE. If/when the day comes when my 'job' comprises my own set of values and freedoms (and that of my FEW friends locally and SEVERAL on this forum) that will be the day I drop my badge in the dirt and WALK right in the direction of where my 'like minded' friends are STANDING. In the event that I need work in a hurry there are plenty of factory jobs around here that won't require me to be less than I am......and I don't care to get dirty. 😎
Everyone in LE chooses certain things they will not mess with. I hated writing traffic tickets and doing anything having to do with vice or narcotics. I felt dirty enough spending all day with burglars, hijackers, and murders. You know, people you would not sit down and eat a snack with. I felt as though law enforcement was a calling for me. When I was a young officer I would have hated to have to face this situation. I honestly do not know if I could have given up my whole career. By the time I had been a cop for three years, there was no decision to be made. Law enforcement was such a disappointment to me. I stayed for the benefits and the pension.

Law enforcement today is nothing like the LE of the past. Being big and tough is no longer a prerequisite for the job. College graduates are now the thing LE is looking for, and most of you can already see what the college indoctrination stations are producing. If we let a new form of government to take away our rights, like California and New York, we will get whatever we allow the government to do to us. And we will not be able to depend on LE to stand with us.

I have been drafting my response to my Dem Senators reminding them they represent sportsmen, hunters, shooters from Michigan FIRST and we have LONG memories for next election in 2 years.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts