Best powder for .308 Win that I can actually find?

Wow, I see so many suggestions that I just have not seen available being suggested. It has almost become a pastime between setting alerts and watching websites for in stock for well over a year now.

N140??? 4895???

I've seen Varget more than those. I don't think substitutions will get you that great temp insensitity of Varget but CFE223 is somewhat available. TAC in and out, I think in more than CFE, in quite a bit in the past 2 weeks. If you want something you can somewhat reliably buy again I found AA powders one of the most reliably available, so for 308 at that bullet weight as some others have pointed out AA2520 or AA2495.

At least that has been my experience. I hate spending time load testing and then have to start over if when I deplete inventory and that option is not available.

JB
N140 shows up far more often than Varget or H4895.

Hodgon powders have not been seen in Canada for 2 years but VV is showing up that is where my suggestion comes from.

May I suggest this and it's in stock.

If you can not find IMR4064 (as that's what the USMC uses for it's 308 sniper rounds and replaced RL-15 with IMR4064 due to IMR4064 being less temp sensitive than RL-15) consider AA4064
I bought 1lb and it gave me very good results with 168 and 175 SMK. Was getting 1" and below at 100yrds but only shot a two different loading each with 168 & 175 SMK then I found 3K+ rounds worth of IMR4064 and bought it. If I had not stumbled upon a good affordable supply of IMR4064 I would have bought the AA 4064 instead.

Last edited: