best powder for reloading 308.

IMR 4064, Peterson brass, FGMM primers. Brand new Rem 20" 5R, fastest load development ever for me. Top left was factory FED GM 168gr match for a base line, then moving right (top) my first two 5 round load development rounds using Sierra MK 168gr. Second load put all 5 in one nice big hole.

kb05rRK.jpg

I do have some Varget on hand, so I will tinker with that but not right now.

There is but one reloading powder for the 308 and that is Ar2208 or Varget in your language.
If this doesn't work try 2206H or again H4895.
If your 308 will genuinely not shoot with either of these powders then you really need a new rifle.
I use both of these in my 308 with great results. They work well in my 223 also. Both great all rounders.

Just visited Bass Pro in Charlotte and what a shame for the lack of ALL shooting supplies. I picked up a box of Barnes TTSX BT in 130 grain. Gonna try to see how they group.

Just visited Bass Pro in Charlotte and what a shame for the lack of ALL shooting supplies. I picked up a box of Barnes TTSX BT in 130 grain. Gonna try to see how they group.

I managed to find and buy on-line an 8lb jug of IMR 4064 this week. Also 4lbs of IMR 4350 and I got a few lbs of WIN 6.5 Stayball to try.
Scheduled to arrive Monday.