Best at-the-range reloading set up…..reviews please

The way I see it, you have a couple problems to solve. A solid press mount, wind block for powder scale, stable powder supply for the scale.

i can see getting a Wilson die and Arbor press (or Lee hand press) to play with seating depth!

I have a GemPro that is actually still working, that I run off a battery. I take prepped and primed brass and a Lee powder scoop with the powder I'm going to use, along with the bullets, and my arbor press and inline seating dies.

All that, along with a set of calipers with the SAC comparator setup, and I can load and seat to whatever I want. Works great.

A camping stove wind break packs well and works great for the scale.

I've used a Frankford Arsenal Platinum battery powered scale too (not the little pocket one) and it works very well.

I don't do powder charging at the range. I usually
Find my charge through a ladder test and do final seating depth tests by seating bullets long at home and taking my arbor press and Wilson dies to the range. I c-clamp it right to the shooting bench.

One that's been floating around for a long time:

1681135203046.png

There are lots of variations on this theme depending on your needs and capabilities.

:)

Benchrest shooters will reload at the range so they can tune to the conditions. I would check out the accurate shooter website as a good source of info on what works for them.

This is my set-up....one of my Fclass teammates shared this with me and I've been doing load dev at the range since.

I show up with my brass prepped/primed ready to go. I take my bullet seater, bullets and seating die. Typically I will load a ladder test before hand just to save time. By loading at the range I can walk away with a known good load that has repeated itself.

The scales I typically use....
IMG-2714.jpg

Are powered by this...

IMG-2716.jpg

It all sits inside of this...it does a pretty decent job on the windy days.

IMG-2715.jpg

Harrel Press - Compact or Combo:

I premeasure powder and store in little 1oz bottles. No big deal if I don't need what I weighed out, I just dump it back in the big bottle if I don't use it.
Little glass bottles

Harvey depriming tool: