Reviews please! Howa 1500.

I have built a couple of guns using the Howa 1500 actions and had great results. I had a couple of 30-06 Howas that I bought at the right price for donor actions and decided to take one bone stock bear hunting this last Spring. Shooting the Howa off of a bipod got me groups in the range of 2-3 inches, which was frustrating. I switched back to using sand bags and the groups tightened right up to under an inch at 100 yards.

The bag supported the plastic forearm closer to the action, I think the bipod mounted out on the forearm was causing too much flex causing the accuracy to suck, I repeated the small grouping off the bags and poor shooting off the bipod with an additional two range trips to verify all was good before going on the bear hunt.

I have a Boyd's stock that will go on the 30-06 that way I should be able to use a bipod, not having a bipod is a handicap for me as I like the stability they offer.

The only drawback I see with the Howas when compared to other factory actions is the action is a little heavy, but them so am I and my wife has not looked for a lighter version so I won't complain about the Howa's weight.
I have their superlight, 4.5#.