Reviews please! Howa 1500.

My brothers Vanguard shoots the Berger 180 EH very well, and it also shoots the Nosler 165 AB very well. It's a solid gun. His has the Tupperware stock on it and plans are to upgrade the stock.
I,m referring to 1500,s, both Wby. Vanguard

All most all the ones Ive seen shoot very well.
I have a custom 280 ackley built on one of there actions

I have one with Stocky,s Carbon stock,6.5 CM. Weighs 5#! Heard warranty is not dependable.

The new Ultralight 1500 is a new action sized between a Howa Mini action and Short Action. If I were to buy a production 100% factory rifle to carry and shoot at about $1000, I would buy one of them, then put a scope on and hunt.

Howa are solid rifles. Most shoot really well of the steel barreled versions I have seen and shot. The triggers are very, very good for factory. Between me and friends, we have about 8, including Weatherby Vanguards, which are made by Howa. Howa is the only "factory" rifles that I have because of the quality/value over the Rem 700 and Savage that I have had in the past. I currently built off a Mini action and a short action, both in 6 BRA. I kept the factory barrel and had it threaded for a loaner/backup hunting rifle.

Fit and finish isn't as nice as say Tikka, but it is better than Rem 700 and Savage. Not as much aftermarket stuff for Howa, but they really only need a new stock, IMO to be good. More Howa stuff is getting added to change it, but, it is good out the door.

Stocky's makes good carbon fiber stocks, but other than that not many hunting lightweight stock options. The Hogue stocks are passable.

Preferred Barrels and maybe a couple others do Howa barrel nut prefits now.

Brownells has good deals on the barreled actions.

You can look on eBay and find bolt fluting and knob threading services available for the Howa.

The new Ultralight 1500 is a new action sized between a Howa Mini action and Short Action. If I were to buy a production 100% factory rifle to carry and shoot at about $1000, I would buy one of them, then put a scope on and hunt.

Howa are solid rifles. Most shoot really well of the steel barreled versions I have seen and shot. The triggers are very, very good for factory. Between me and friends, we have about 8, including Weatherby Vanguards, which are made by Howa. Howa is the only "factory" rifles that I have because of the quality/value over the Rem 700 and Savage that I have had in the past. I currently built off a Mini action and a short action, both in 6 BRA. I kept the factory barrel and had it threaded for a loaner/backup hunting rifle.

Fit and finish isn't as nice as say Tikka, but it is better than Rem 700 and Savage. Not as much aftermarket stuff for Howa, but they really only need a new stock, IMO to be good. More Howa stuff is getting added to change it, but, it is good out the door.

Stocky's makes good carbon fiber stocks, but other than that not many hunting lightweight stock options. The Hogue stocks are passable.

Preferred Barrels and maybe a couple others do Howa barrel nut prefits now.

Brownells has good deals on the barreled actions.

You can look on eBay and find bolt fluting and knob threading services available for the Howa.
Thanks for info.! D.

Purchased two in 270 cal. many years ago for my son and nephew and they are both shooters. Don't know how any of the new ones shoot though.