Reviews please! Howa 1500.

Howa 1500 Carbon Stalker Kryptek in 7mm-08. It was my best shooter until I got my X-bolts. The Stockys carbon stock on the Howa is good. I did have loose pieces rattling inside and after several attempts got those all out through the butt plate. Recoil pad screws then needed additional backing after all the r&r. Also replaced foam inside stock and also added t-nut backing to front sling swivel stud. I epoxy bed all my rifles (except x-bolts) and did it for the Howa Stockys without too much improvement though. A solid rifle and still have it even though it gets little use since have gotten other toys since.

My wife has a pencil barreled .223. Took a bit of work, but after bedding it and working some loads up it'll shoot 1/2"-3/4" groups. My son has 2 heavy barrel .223s and they'll both get to 1/2" with the right handloads.
All 3 have ultra smooth barrels, and clean easily. Throats tend to be a little long, but overall they are nice rifles.

Had a standard m1500 in a hogue stock chambered in 7 Rem Mag. Loved the cartridge, didn't like the maintenance of a blued barrel. But the thing shot amazing for a factory rifle. I ended up swapping a buddy for some optics since he wanted a backup rifle. I have been eyeing their carbon stalker in 6.5 prc, but I am just not a fan of the kryptec pattern.

I have two and think they are great rifles for the money. One is a older Alpine hunter with a Bansner stock. My wife loves that rifle. Bedded the stock and it shoots 1/2"-3/4" with hand loads. The other has been modified quite a bit. Rebore to 358, cerakote, fluted bolt, timney trigger and a Bansner stock. It's one of my favorite rifles and I have several customs. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.